Looks like the good Campbell...

Showed up for the first inning

if we could plate a couple more this inning that would ratchet up his confidence and ratchet down any nerves.

It looks like the hogs are loose! Campbell looks really good early. Singer is the one nervous and tired!
His pitch count is already 49 through 2 innings.

Thought we might have a 2 out rally with 2 on & getting back to the top of the order. Springer is pushing 50 pitches already. If nothing else, it would have been nice to make him face one more batter & to have a long AB from Cole.

Thought we might have a 2 out rally with 2 on & getting back to the top of the order. Springer is pushing 50 pitches already. If nothing else, it would have been nice to make him face one more batter & to have a long AB from Cole.

Need to get some runs instead of leaving them. First time around Cole took the first two pitches. This time he swings at the first one. Patience. Lol

He is very sharp just got to get some more runs for him

Hes filthy tonight. This is the Campbell we needed.

He’s been brillian so far. And, yes, we need more runs. I don’t know how deep the UF BP is tonight. They’re one more game into this than we are. They used some last night, including Byrne. Can’t believe they’re very deep. Just need to keep making Singer work. Get maybe another run or two off him.

First time through Florida’s batting 6 K’s is great and has just faced 9 batter through 3 innings.
We have let Singer get by a few times but his pitch count is rising. They used the house last night to beat TT and Byrne won’t be very strong tonight.

I’m gonna jump out on a limb here, but I think if I’d been told I could have IC set down the first 12 batters he faced, I’d have taken it. Just think I would have.

So would I

One thing we know about IC is that he sometimes loses it suddenly after adversity. He has given up only 1 hit and with two outs at that, but he then immediately hits a batter to put 2 on. He needs this out badly.