Looking forward to Tuesday night to see...

Glad we have the NIT game so that we don’t have to wait till next year to evaluate several things.

How does Chaney do with extended minutes?

With the burden of having to feed the post as the first option off their shoulders, how well do Harris and Sills run a true guard oriented motion offense?

Ethan Henderson should get extended minutes. Does he prove Mike wrong for keeping him on the bench or is he as raw as some have posted?

Free off Gafford, can the guards take the firstvavailabke shot and speed up the tempo? Don’t think you can beat Providence at home at their game.

Gafford’s tendency was to go more for blocks, leaving us vulnerable to offensive rebounds. Can Chaney change that?

Yeah, some of these players may not be with us next year, but still this would provide a glimpse of how we run our offense next year.

As far as prediction for the game, Bob Holt writes that Providence beat South Carolina and Texas and swept St. John’s who has made the tourney.

What Providence has done against other teams show what they are capable of and no more, I realize we don’t have Gafford but in my opinion it’s what team shows up for the Hogs. We proved to many times if we bring our best we can play with anyone and if not we can be upset by a lesser team. I’m not calling for a win but absolutely would not be shocked if we did win and thats the aggravating part of our program, inconsistency. WPS

They also beat Butler three times, a team that waltzed by us in the first round last year. With Gafford I would have given us a pretty decent chance at a W. Without him not impossible but the complete team (as is) will have to be there tonight! If that happens it will be a good game. Hopefully I will be in a good mood at the start of the game with the baseball bunch having a comfortable lead in Austin! Go Hogs!

Butler lost a good chunk of their team from last year, not as bad as we did but stiill significant number. They are in NIT, just like us.

[quote=“PJHawg”]

Glad we have the NIT game so that we don’t have to wait till next year to evaluate several things.

How does Chaney do with extended minutes?

With the burden of having to feed the post as the first option off their shoulders, how well do Harris and Sills run a true guard oriented motion offense?

Ethan Henderson should get extended minutes. Does he prove Mike wrong for keeping him on the bench or is he as raw as some have posted?

Free off Gafford, can the guards take the firstvavailabke shot and speed up the tempo? Don’t think you can beat Providence at home at their game.

Gafford’s tendency was to go more for blocks, leaving us vulnerable to offensive rebounds. Can Chaney change that?

Yeah, some of these players may not be with us next year, but still this would provide a glimpse of how we run our offense next year.

As far as prediction for the game, Bob Holt writes that Providence beat South Carolina and Texas and swept St. John’s who has made the tourney.

[/quote]You think MA is capable and the team is capable of readying itself in on three days to play Providence (on the road) without Gafford? I don’t. And, neither do I think the Hogs have a chance even if Providence has it’s worst game.

[quote=“daBoar”]

I think any coach will have that problem, not just MA. I am not expecting us to win. I am just looking forward to how they play and how the offense looks.

your position on whether CMA and his team are capable of readying themselves? :wink:

Oh, you already knew guys like him weren’t going to show on here tonight. Yet, if we’d lost they would have been posting all night long the reasons why we need to get rid of CMA. It’s some people that are really invested in CMA failing and they don’t even try to hide it anymore.

Out looking for crows.

[quote=“PiggusNV”]

your position on whether CMA and his team are capable of readying themselves? :wink:

[/quote]Good point. The Hogs played much better than I thought they would. But, as Dudley noted they shot very well, while the Friars looked punchless. I am very happy for the Hogs, to think otherwise is not reasonable.