Looking ahead

The next couple of games look winnable for Arkansas.

Houston is 5-1, but hasn’t played a hard schedule. Its loss was to Drexel on a neutral floor. Its best win was 78-73 over Wake Forest on a neutral floor. Houston beat New Orleans by nine last night at home.

Colorado State is 3-4 with losses to Missouri State (10), New Mexico State (13), Florida State (17) and Tulane (27). They have a home game with Colorado on Saturday.

Minnesota probably won’t be a top 10 team when it comes to Bud Walton after it lost 86-81 to Miami at home last night. The Golden Gophers begin Big Ten play (yes, really) this weekend.

I watched the Minnesota vs Miami game last night. The little Miami guard hounded Minnesota’s PG (I thought they said Minnesota’s starter was out for a few games, also Curry is out for the season), I think they’ll be ready for us. Dude reminded me of Corey Beck. Also, Minnesota looks very long. Maybe Miami was small at spots, but it looked like Minnesota was 6’5 or above at every position but the point.

Looked it up, their starters last night at the G were, 6,1, 6’2, and 6’8.

Dupree McBrayer was out with an injury for Minnesota. He’s an important floor spacer for them.