Kobe quote

Kobe Bryant: On Kobe’s legacy of hard work. “If your practices aren’t more competitive than the games themselves,” he once said, “you’re doing the wrong thing.”

Our football team hopefully will get this attitude\ mindset.

And there was Allen Iverson. :sunglasses:

914 games in the NBA… 26.7 pts per game… 6.2 assists… 78 % FT

” We’re sitting in here, and I’m supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we’re talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not… Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it’s my last. Not the game, but we’re talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that?.. And we talking about practice. I know I supposed to be there. I know I’m supposed to lead by example… I know that… And I’m not… I’m not shoving it aside, you know, like it don’t mean anything. I know it’s important, I do. I honestly do… But we’re talking about practice man. What are we talking about? Practice? We’re talking about practice, man.”

Good come back. Another with Arkansas flavor.

1 Like

Nolan used to talk about that all the time. If your practices are way more competitive than the games, then the games will be easy as you are prepared. I think Muss teaches it the same way!

Al Dillard used to complain about the practices. No wonder, he was going to get either Corey Beck or Clint McDaniel covering him. Games were easy compared to that.

Contrast that with Eric Musselman. His basketball team rarely scrimmage. But they practice hard in the drills.

I had a high school basketball coach at LR Central (Don Nixon) who did a lot of 3-on-3 work. Very condensed in the lane. Only shot you could attempt was a layup. It was grind-it-out stuff and if the ball hit the floor, there better be six noses on the hardwoord. The good news is that it didn’t last long before he’d replace that group with six more. He’d be standing under the goal screaming, “DEFENSE.”

Aloha,
I remember QB Kevin Scanlon stating how relaxing and enjoyable games were compared to the stress of a Coach Lou Holtz practice. On the field during a game he didn’t have Coach Holtz yelling and screaming critiquing everything he did wrong. Kevin didn’t appreciate Lou’s genius until the UT win in 1979 at the Rock.

Refresh my memory, how many rings does “Mr Practice makes perfect have?”

I’m thinking ,maybe he shudda worked with the other guys on his team in PRACTICE & helped make them better.

Exactly

Another Kobe quote that has always fascinated me. “I was blessed with talent but I worked at the game as if I did not have talent”.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.