Knight looked good

I didn’t get to see much of the game yesterday because I was working on the Jimmy Dykes story, but I was impressed from what I was able to see of Blaine Knight’s performance. That was a good rebound from his performance against Bryant last week. It looked like his curveball really was on. If he can get the off-speed pitches working he can be pretty good.

I didn’t figure Arkansas would score many runs off that Arizona lefty so Knight had to be good to keep the team in the game. He accomplished that.

Up until they got the timing on his speedsl, I thought he looked every bit as good as the AZ guy. It was fun to watch, and the Frisco stadium is as good a venue to watch a game as any you are likely to find. I think your point about the off speed pitches is right on.

We had a lot more fans there than AZ but for the most part, the hog calls and cheering seemed pretty tepid. That was a bit of a disappointment, but did not keep us from enjoying the game.

It will be interesting to see how Knight develops this season. He is draft-eligible as a sophomore. I would not expect him to be drafted high enough to leave as things stand now, but many outings last night could change his status fast. Arizona is one of the best hitting teams in the country through the first couple of weeks.