KK Robinson?

I assume this has been cussed and discussed (I know it was a few weeks ago, but I don’t see anything lately, and maybe nothing new to add), so sorry for the repeat.

What is the deal? I thought we was going to be a real contributor and he is not. Is he hurt? Just not as good as thought? Doesn’t see eye to eye with the coaching staff?

Lastly, Insiders, will he come back next year?

Again, sorry if asking stuff that has already been asked. I really haven’t spent much time reading or posting in January due to work and family obligations,

The last few times he got a chance to play he didn’t impress! It appears to me he never got into game shape after getting heathy and now he lacks confidence! The ability to play is there he just needs enough PT to get back!
The hogs could sure use a good sharp KK.

My opine and that’s all it is… no inside info just my idle speculation.

I don’t know if its defense, turnovers, offense, game shape, not given a chance, or just not in sync with the methods of this staff, but KK has been a total non-factor during his time here. I hate that because I had such high hopes for him and he has never returned to form after his initial injury. Why that is could be anyones guess. I just don’t know.

KK almost left last year, but he was convinced to stay. I think its a foregone conclusion that he leaves after this year. I just don’t see him sticking around to just ride the pine. I think Muss knows this as well and I just have to think why develop a player that’s leaving, or use time on them that could be better spent developing those that are staying. Does that feel good… not at all, but how many times do we here about college basketball and business decisions. Those business decision work both ways; the players make them and the staff make them and sometimes those decisions suck.

Couldn’t agree more.

Does he give up on KK and lose any chance at his younger brother that may be better than KK?

I’m sure that’s a long shot at this point in time. You know Muss will not give someone minutes in hopes of recruiting his brother. Not his style.

He can’t stay in front of his man which causes him to foul to much.

His next biggest killer is he turns the ball over way too often.

Smart put him in against LSU. LSU was in a zone press and KK tries to throw it from the LSU free throw line to our free throw line. LSU steals it and scores right before the half.

KK hasn’t see daylight since. If he was balling in practice he would play or at least be put in to the rotation.

1 Like

Who knows if he is, or will be better. I see that Bill Ingram says he “knows” he will be, but you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Regardless, I assume that ship has sailed, anyway. I cannot imagine the Robinsons are happy about the KK situation (I am not saying I think Muss is in the wrong–I have no idea–I am not at practice, but what I have seen from him in games hasn’t been much).

KK has been given opportunities and just has not been able to get over the hunp.

I have no doubt that if Muss believed KK could help out better than the ones that he is playing that he would be giving him minutes.

FWIW, KK has played 72 minutes this season (14 games, starting 2) and is 6 of 22 from the field, 5 of 16 from 3 and 1 of 3 om FTs.

He also has 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 7 turnovers, 5 steals and 18 total points this season.

In SEC games, he has played in 4 of 8 totaling 17 minutes.

KK is 0 of 3 from the field, 0 of 1 with 2 assists, 2 steals and 3 turnovers

He seems positive and engaged every time i see him on the bench. Not the look of someone already decided to transfer. Maybe he has idk, but I appreciate that he cares about the hogs and wants to win. I hope he gets more opportunities. You never know

1 Like

Wasn’t he a higher profile player than moody out of high school to? DD , do you have Lykes stats? He can shoot FT’S very well, although TO’S I assume are high for his playing time.

I think it’s the other way around there.

What about Chance Moore. I haven’t seen him at all is he injured or just not play to the level to see action

Moore played in garbage time against Georgia and hit a 3 late in the game

Can see both KK and Moore transferring.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.