KJ highlight video

And there are a lot of highlights.

7 Likes

That was awesome. Thanks. We have us a true dual-threat quarterback!

1 Like

Awesome Video! the throw he made against Mizzou was Sick!!! he is the main reason we are 8-4.

4 Likes

KJ has been one of the best surprises I can remember in my many years of being a Hog fan. Knew he had a great year, but this highlight video just blew me away.

7 Likes

I cant get over how effortless his long throws are

2 Likes

You know, watching those highlights, we have three pretty good receivers coming back. Thompson, Ketron and Rocket. I think we’ll be okay without Burks.

Make that four. Knox.

5 Likes

Seeing these highlights all tied up in a bow is great and re-emphasizes what a great year he had. It also makes me worry less about next year without Burks like swine said. Can’t wait for next year. Pleasant surprise indeed.

2 Likes

I’ll feel considerably better if we get Haselwood.

1 Like

I really think Sategna has a chance to play right away next year, he has the kind of speed we’ve been looking for. McAdoo also looks to be very good

1 Like

I, too, was reminded of the other receivers on board, in viewing the KJ highlight video. Jackson will benefit from both additional bowl preparations and time in the system. Thompson had a little bout of consistency (drops) but to me he shows a lot of talent with his combination of size and speed. I really think with some creativity, that Knox might be the X factor as he showed some flashes in his new position. Seeing Rocket in the Burks role sure seems like an interesting option. As much as we will miss Burks, I see the prospect of being pretty sound in the receiver position, especially with possible additions arriving.

Seems to me a bigger challenge in preparation for next season is ensuring a capable back-up for KJ. With his tenacity and aggressive style we were fortunate that, even though he was dinged up for much of the season, he was able to stay on the field. Two years of good fortune, might be too much to hope for.

KJ has thrown 170 passes without an interception. The last IT was that Hail Mary against OM just before half. He is only 15 passes from having the Hog record. If you told me before the season he would only have three IT’s for the year, I would have called that complete and utter nonsensical BS. Boy, was I wrong. We have one of the top QB’s coming back next year in the country.

4 Likes

I don’t fundamentally disagree with you.

Having said that, I believe the other four receivers you mentioned may owe some of their success because of the defensive attention paid to #16. Without Burks, they may still need to show improvement to have the same overall success.

Not only that, but one of those three INTs was a really great play by the Texass kid, and one on a Hail Mary. And one against Rice.

1 Like

It looks like KJ is in the top three-four QB’s in the SEC. Bama dude is on a different level. If Dawgs could swap QB’s with AL,
MS, or AR they would be most about unbeatable.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.