Kiffin Question

Lots of rumors swirling about Kiffin, but I got a question and a comment.

On the comment front, Hunter Yurachek played the basketball search so close to the vest we didn’t know who was hired until almost the point he was introduced. Would he do football any different. Are the rumors a false trail or wishful thinking from some?

Now my question. Who is Kiffin Agent? Is it Jimmy Sexton? As we all know Jimmy likes to use Arkansas as his personal biatch to get his clients a nice raise or elevate his price for other jobs. Food for thought.

1 Like

Don’t know if Sexton but was thinking same thing.

Sexton does not just pick on Arkansas. He is an equal opportunity agent. And the one I would want if I was HC material. According to folks who know he picks his clients they don’t pick him.

He’s good at what he does.

Sexton was Kiffin’s agent as of a couple of years ago.

Yurachek did play the basketball hire close to the vest, but it was also believed (and I think reported) that Musselman was in the mix a few days before he was hired. It was not a complete shock when that news broke.

2 Likes

Jimmy Sexton is very good at what he does.

I love Creative Artists Agency. :sunglasses:

For those of you who don’t know, it is where my son Brooks works.

2 Likes

Does Sexton represent musicians as well as coaches?

Not that I am aware of, but the agent Brooks works immediately under does.

The book about CAA is very good.

Mussleman’s name was out there and there were rumors of him being on the campus for interview days before he was hired. Same thing seems to be playing out now. We may be a few days away from hiring the name being tossed around,

Hunter likes to keep everything close to his vest but not everything is under his control. There are a lot of people on the other side of Hunter that may nit necessarily keep it as close.

1 Like

I think the leak of HY and JF meeting with Kiffin was put out there for obvious reasons.

1 Like

As in Sexton doing a little leveraging?

No. I’ll have it he is indeed named the coach. Just my take on the leak.

I am convinced the leaks come from members of the BOT who are assisting/interfacing with HY. A BOT member tells a buddy, and suddenly the information spreads all over the state.