Key exhibition/scrimmage results

Tennessee blows out Gonzaga by 19
Houston beats Texas by 10
Houston beats Duke by 11
Kentucky beats D2 Missouri Western by only 18
Louisville loses to Lenoir-Rhyne by 10

Don’t know what these results mean. Someone said fans view a solid win as a positive sign of things to come. A loss or a narrow win is viewed as “it was just an exhibition”.

Sounds like Houston may be the best team in the country…right now.

2 Likes

I’ve always worried about exhibition scores. I vaguely remember us losing to maybe Athletes in Action in the 70’s. Seems like we really aren’t very good that year.

I haven’t kept up with polls in bb. Are we ranked?

Still 10th, as far as I know, Fred.

We haven’t moved on the futures boards at Caesars or MGM. We are tied for 6th at MGM at 14-1. And alone in 6th at Caesar’s at 15-1. We would be alone at 5th if Caesars wasn’t such an outlier with UCLA at 12-1. Their number is 20-1 at MGM. They’re also 20-1 at 2 other non-Vegas sites. I’d guess Caesar’s took a huge bet at 18 or 20-1 on UCLA and doesn’t want any more action on them.

2 Likes

I went to the Tennessee / Gonzaga game … if the Hogs played the Vols today, they would lose by double digits … Barnes has a veteran squad and the addition of Tyreke Key from Indiana State should help overcome the loss of Kennedy Chandler (Key was 8-12 including 4-7 from 3 vs Gonzaga) … freshman 5-star Julian Phillips (3-3 from 3) will also be a major contributor. Good ball handlers at the 1-4 spots.

In the end, Gonzaga couldn’t handle the Vols’ in-your-face tough SEC style defense … sound familiar?

Wax

1 Like

Julian was very impressive at the McDonalds AA game. He can put the ball in the basket. I wish we had someone like him to complement Nick in this class.

Believe he was committed to Mike White at Florida and when Mike was fired, he decommitted and signed with the Vols.

1 Like

Also last week, Tennessee handily beat Michigan State in a scrimmage.

Is there a limit on how many scrimmages a school can have? Does anyone know?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.