Kevin Kopps promoted

Kopps is headed to the Padres’ Double-A team in San Antonio. He threw eight scoreless innings for the High-A team in Fort Wayne.

1 Like

Hobbs wanted him in Double A to start with. Didn’t take long for him to get there.

Very well deserved…

It’s about time! (I thought they had planned to send him to AA shortly after he signed.)

AA San Antonio season on Sunday.

AAA El Paso season ends Oct 3.

Any chance they play him in AAA?

If Kevin makes the El Paso Chihuahuas, I’ll buy a Chihuahua t-shirt

They also play as the El Paso Margaritas and El Paso Diablos.

My favorite AAA name is the Albuquerque Isotopes and their alternative Albuquerque Green Chile Cheeseburgers

1 Like

There are some cool minor league nicknames. I thought when the AA team was started in Springdale that the Naturals was lame. I thought Chickens was better.

Dominic Fletcher is playing for the Amarillo Sod Puppies :joy:

I mentioned this in an earlier discussion about Kopps, but the team he pitched for in Fort Wayne is called the TinCaps. Why? Because John Chapman, better known to history as Johnny Appleseed, lived in Fort Wayne and is buried there, and a 1948 movie depicted him as wearing a cooking pot for a hat (there is no evidence he ever actually did so). So the TinCaps name is an homage to Mr. Chapman. The logo on Kopps’ cap there was an angry apple with, yes, a cooking pot for a cap.

Not just the Chickens, the THUNDER CHICKENS.

1 Like

Borrowed from the Stanford football team, but definitely better than the Naturals. Or the Wind Surge over in Wichita.