Kentucky loses to Poultry 71-68 at home

Chickens committed two shot clock violations late in the game and kicked the ball out of bounds with 20 seconds left. Didn’t matter. And UK never led for a single second.

Lots of empty seats courtside in Rupp by the way. And those who were still there were booing at the end.

2 Likes

Beautiful sight. Cal got his but beat!

2 Likes

LSU’s home advantage apparently only works against our guys.

SC tried their best to give it up but they pulled it off in the end. UK don’t look very good - all hero ball and-no outside presence.

2 Likes

I am devastated…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
What’s the line on The Squid taking the Texass gig?
The bourbon and ice cream crowd ain’t happy.

2 Likes

I knew you would be heartbroken :broken_heart:

2 Likes

South Carolina was 11-20 on three point attempts, which will let you beat a lot of teams on their home floor. They played poorly on offense down the stretch, but hung on.

Kentucky is playing below their talent level, but they really don’t have a noticeable talent edge over Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn or Tennessee.

Kentucky has played below their talent level for the last 10 years.
Makes me sad.:sob:

Cal is the betting favorite to be the next hot seat occupant in Texas, $11 million salary being thrown out there

Cal to Texas and Oats to Kentucky the way I see it, going to be lots of money thrown around. WPS

My KY friends were wanting Cal gone two years ago. He’d fit in good with the Tea Sippers….

1 Like

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. Cal’s been on a bit of a down turn lately. Could be in trouble, if he doesn’t turn things around. Big Blue fans don’t tolerate failure we’ll.

UK is 1-3 in the SEC. I don’t remember exactly when, but it’s been a long time since they were 1-3. Even in their horrible 2021 season when they finished 9-16, they started SEC play 3-0 before they cratered.

And the play the Vols on the road Saturday. The Vols look very salty right now.

1 Like

Plus they HATE Ky In Tennessee.

2 Likes

Meechie Johnson was a ton of fun to watch last night. Because South Carolina has been pretty average this year, he hasn’t gotten a lot of shine. But he’s a nice player. Seems fearless.

2 Likes

Yep. I have a former co-worker who is a Vandy grad but a Vol fan, from a long line of Vol fans. When we beat UK last year, she relayed congrats and thanks from her grandmother for beating the Jellycats.

1 Like

I received multiple texts from Vol friends myself that night.

1 Like

The Kentucky writer at The Athletic has opened up a mailbag this morning for questions, which are quite hilarious. They boil down to two main categories: When do they get rid of the Squid, and who do they get to replace him? Nobody is asking anything like “what can they do to turn around this season?” Well, scratch that, there’s one question like that, in a sea of the others.

And yes, at least one of the “who do we get” questions mentioned Muss.

1 Like

Who doesn’t hate the Jellycats, Danny?

2 Likes