Kentucky 71, Georgia 60 - final

Briscoe and Fox 20 with 20 points each to lead Kentucky, who shot just 38.3 percent from the field, but held Georgia to 33.3 percent

Bam Adebayo with 10 points and 13 rebounds and Derek Willis with 7 points and 11 rebounds

Kentucky won despite Arkansas native Malik Monk - the SEC’s leading scorer - scoring just 2 points on 1-of-7 shooting from the field, 0-1 from 3 and 0-ft-2 from the FT line

Kentucky (26-6) advances to play the winner of game 2 today between South Carolina and Alabama.

I’m told by the guy sitting next to me that Mychel Mulder’s late FT for Kentucky covered the 10 1/2-point spread. He seemed real happy about this.

One team ahead of Arkansas on the seed line, Dayton, just got beat by the 9 seed Davidson in the A-10 quarterfinals. Also, Michigan, a team that I’ve seen higher in the seed lines, is in OT v Purdue.

Michigan was on the 8 line. Purdue was a 4 seed, so Michigan may move up to an 7 seed (Michigan won). Dayton loss may move us up, provided we win tonight.

That would be the winner of S. Carolina and Alabama. Arkansas is playing Ole Miss tonight.

:wink:

Let’s just worry about getting a win against Ole Miss