Justin Kier, GMU grad transfer

Looks like the Hogs have reached out to GMU standout Justin Kier. Brings back memories of when the Hogs were after me and Senor RDs buddy Jaire Grayer last year. Should have been a Hog but we can thank Isiah Moss for that. Oh well. I’m sure Jaire has told Mr.Kier how great it would have been a hog and The Hogs are likely high on Kiers lost and visa versa.

One to watch boys.

He’s had at least two foot stress fractures. Is he worth using a scholarship on? Even for one season?

Great point Swine! I was wondering the same thing.

Does anyone know if we have even contacted Ivanauskas? Sorry, that’s not for me to decide. That’s why we have Coach Musselman.

I am wondering how many have been contacted with intent to sign and how many are contacted and told to wait out the process. Lots of signings and seems like kids who can help and would love to tranfer into AR have been mentioned. Are we generating consternation and hard feelings? hard for a transfer not to perceive themselves as most important and don’t give a flip whether Joe and Jones comeback or how many LOI’s are pledged. Some of these guys are good enough that it seems they would want a quick committment from us to make the move.

Rapolas Ivanauskas, 6-10, 230, PF, Grad, Colgate
Stats: 13.1 ppg, 7.6 rpg

Jalen Tate, 6-6, 195, G, Grad, Northern Kentucky
2019-20 stats : 13.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 3.6 apg

Matt Haarms, 7-3, 250, C, Grad, Purdue
Stats: 8.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.0 bpg

Justin Turner is still out there but we are not in the final three and he would be a no-brainer. The other 3 have POTENTIAL to be big time immediate help. Are we ready to commit or are we in a prolonged dating period to get to know who gets our for sure one and only scholarship?

Might want to look out for Jalen Tate men.

I agree that Jalen Tate is an excellent player, but it seems like we already have Notae, Davonte Davis and KK Robinson at the point and Tate has already stated that he wants to go somewhere he can play the point guard. We need shooters, scorers and rebounders. Ivanouskas can do all three of those things. And with Ivanauskas we have a lot of flexibility on playing different players at different positions, ie. Williams, Jackson and Ivanauskas. They all could play the 3, 4 or 5. One of our main problems last year was when our big men got the ball none of them even looked at the basket unless it was a dunk or an offensive rebound (and there were few of those). We were constantly playing 4 against 5 when we were on offense. Their defensive big man never had to guard anyone so he could constantly help on other players. We need some versatile big men that can score. We now have Vanover (who can shoot the 3 or post up), Williams (who should be able to do the same) and Jackson (who can play outside and help with the rebounds). If we have Ivanauskas we can rotate all four of those guys (and not run into foul trouble all the time like we did this year). Just my opinion and I respect that of all the rest of you. If not Ivanauskas then someone who can score and play the 2.3 or 4.

Jackson can play 5? He is a 3 by all accounts.

We have a lot of shooters. We could use a scorer and someone who has post up as their primary skill. I don’t know if we have anyone who plays inside much. Again, I think Williams will be an inside player as a sophomore but I don’t think it is going to take some player develop to get there.

Obviously Jackson can play the 3 or 4, Vanover the 5 and Williams probably the 4 and 5. Ivanauskas can play 3, 4 or 5. We could run screen and roll with any of those players and they can roll or pop for the 3. Without Joe we need another shooter that can also penetrate and score. Sills can only penetrate with his left hand, but can shoot well in streaks (especially at home). Moody will be expected to shoot well from 3 and Vanover can shoot the 3. We need some inside scorers as well. If Joe comes back he’ll shoot lights out, but he needs to develop some penetration because at times this year he went away when they took away his 3. Who were the other shooters that you were talking about? I realize that Davis should help us in many ways and KK as a point guard. Notae is a scorer, but I don’t know enough about him to call him a shooter yet.

You guys better start catching up on some Jalen Tate highlight films.

As I said before Jalen Tate is a fine player and can score, but he said he wants to play the point guard. If we can get him, great! But, he’ll change playing time of some of our freshmen guards coming in. We would have a great starting lineup for sure! If Joe doesn’t come back who plays the backup 3? Is Williams ready to start at the 4? He’s a very talented kid and I hope so! It should be a fun year to follow the Razorbacks!

Hard to count on freshman. This kid is coming in to take over the Jimmy Whitt role. Can play off the ball too. Just a swiss army knife thats also an excellent defender.

Thank you Muss.

This coach is a big proponent of position-less basketball.

As I have said many times, you can not have enough good to great players.

We need to quit thinking of 1-5 and think of studs.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand the definition of a “good great player”, but it sure caught my attention. I’ll offer up Sidney as a good great player, but wonder about your thoughts.

But, I’d surely like 2 or 3 Sids on my team.

Good points. Nobody really knew if Sidney, Delph or Brewer were guards or forwards : )

Should have said good to great players

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.