Just what we need

Slusher and A Brown arrested for disorderly conduct last night

And so it begins…

Proud damn state. Maybe some punk mouthed off to them and they at least showed a little fight. I’ll go with that just to make myself feel better.

Looks like the team frustration is growing. I expect to see several of our players in the portal after the season. We will find which players really want to be a hog.

Next year’s team could be Pittman’s defining moment as a head coach.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t make too much out of this!

1 Like

Disorderly conduct by a frustrated 20 year old. Meh.
No drugs or alcohol involved.

2 Likes

Here are details:

1 Like

Bring this fight to the field not Dickson St

4 Likes

Brown supposedly pushed an officer and Slusher grabbed the same officer in an attempt to free Brown. If true, they need to be booted off the team.

Well, I doubt they need to be booted off the team. That is a bit drastic, don’t you think? Come on.

4 Likes

Yes, booted off team. If they put their hands on a law enforcement officer then they gotta go. Totally unacceptable if it is true.

Hopefully there is some body cam or other type of camera footage showing what actually occured.

All the cop would have had to do was throw a football in the street. They both would have scattered away from the scene.

2 Likes

There will be body cam if the police didn’t conveniently erase it. We will see I guess. Let Sam see it and make the call. I just think that would be a little drastic, especially if the officer was too over assertive.

I’m old. If asked to move by a policeman. I moved. Respect law officers. Simple. If that’s what happened.

3 Likes

Same here LD.

One problem….some of these kids have heard over and over again how uh, unfair, police officers are.

1 Like

My reply is based solely on what has been reported thus far.

Brown had two opportunities to do the right thing: (1) when the officer directed him to move out of the street and he complied, Brown could have chosen not to go back out into the street; (2) when the officer took him by the sleeve and walked him back to the sidewalk, Brown could have taken that as a second chance to do right and not pushed the officer.

1 Like

I wish it was simple but it’s not, especially for young African American men. That said, if the police officer tried to deescalate and these guys were still the aggressors then, yes, arrest them. Also “that said,” if I was the officer, I’d try my best to cut them some slack because they are football players, coming off a tough loss. Football players need some leeway. They all got it “back in the day” under Coach Broyles and don’t tell me they didn’t. What’s the difference now?

Doesn’t matter if they are purple, orange, or yellow. If an officer asks you to do something you do it or face the consequences for not doing it. It’s that simple.

1 Like

No, it does matter. You are naive if you think it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Naive? Justifying not following officers direction is ok?

I was expecting this reply from you. I smiled when I just saw it. I imagine the two youngster will get off light. Just learn from it.