Just saw

That Muss has had a torn rotator cuff since Dec. 2nd. Got it during a drill with Wade. Gonna have to have surgery in the off-season, even though Muss doesn’t know the words “off season.”

https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-mens-basketball/freak-accident-puts-coach-on-bench-for-surgery

Ouch. Get well, coach.

1 Like

Muss said on Twitter that he was glad it was him and not Wade.

Been there and done that,he should be fine until the offseason,he will have to be careful with it though bc it will let you know real quick he gets in a position to aggravate it…

Just had that myself not to long ago. I would highly recommend off season. There really no good time for shoulder surgery.

1 Like

This coach is intense.

1 Like

Yikes! My wife had it last February. She just now is able to swing a golf club. Rehab is intense.

1 Like

Yeah the rehab at home exercises are what will make or break you… you have to really commit to what you’re supposed to do and then it will not be that bad and you can get back to normal quicker… I always thought it was more annoying than anything else to me, never was in much pain… I was just frustrated because I couldn’t do what I wanted to do LOL

1 Like

My wife was very diligent with her home exercises. We have friends that did not do the home exercises regularly. They had a lot of pain.

1 Like

Somehow, I don’t think it will be difficult for Muss to be diligent / committed to a rehab program. I see him as the focused type that does what he needs to when he needs to and even a bit more to finish ahead of schedule. Just seems like that’s his nature/character.

1 Like

Muss will want to be back to 100% asap. By start of next season. Will follow the rehab regimen diligently. Just too hands on

1 Like

Yeah he works out every morning anyway so this will not be a problem at all.

My wife had her shoulder surgery September 15. She works hard with the exercises. She has had a lot of pain and can’t sleep very well. The PT told her a couple of days ago something is wrong and she needs to go back to the doctor! It just don’t sound good at all!
Personally I have an injection every couple of years and will continue to avoid that surgery as long as I can.

I hate to hear that Army… shoulder is a very tricky area a lot depends on the severity of the shoulder injury for sure. She may have had a real bad tear or it may have been completely off the bone and if that’s the case it will be a much tougher recovery… Praying that she can find out what’s wrong and get better… it is a very annoying and frustrating injury.

I used to assist in shoulder surgeries and saw what they went through in postop pain and rehab, It ain’t fun.

So I’ve never considered getting my shoulder fixed. I was on the driving range 30+ years ago, hit a shot and felt a pop. Since then I can’t reach overhead for more than a few seconds and lying on that shoulder to sleep is occasionally difficult. I got the ortho residents to check me out when I was working at UTMB and they told me it was probably a partial rotator cuff tear. I doubt I’ll ever get it fixed. It would have to hurt a lot worse, and I can manage what I have now with ibuprofen and an occasional ice pack. I can’t throw now, but I never could really; 25 yards with a football was all I could manage even when healthy.

Youdaman it was totally off the bone!
To add to our issues we have 3 kids at home and I’m right in the middle of radiation teamtments. So it a little rough on everyone in the house.

4 Likes

Prayers Army!

1 Like

Thank you LD. God Bless you.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a totally different situation than what I went through… I’m praying for her and for you Brother… God bless you both!

2 Likes

Some people have not had surgery but had a sports medical doctor cure the problem with stem cell injections