Just curious, what will be the status of Julie Cromer Peoples?

I think she stepped up big-time in this coaching crises situation. She did the hard part of this thing, by having to fire Bret in person. And from what I can tell, everything went well. Is she sticking around in a high profile position?

She’s already in a high profile position.

Felt to me like she and Steinmetz were trying to pull a little coup with the athletic department. Besides, just as new football coach brings in his own people and, for that matter, the fella who hired her cleaned out the previous athletic dept staff, I would hope new AD cleans house, including JCP.

She is not going anywhere…

I’m pretty sure I read that when she took the interim position, they put a clause in her contract that she was guaranteed a job with the U of A in some responsible capacity, even if she was moved out of athletics. Maybe the foundation? Anyway, they gave her some extra money and a job guarantee through 2018 or 2019 I think.

Julie did a fine job in the search. I will also say that there are a lot of VERY competent people in the department. Jeff Long put together a good team, as I’ve mentioned before. I would leave someone out if I started naming names, but there are literally dozens of good ones every where you look. There were some hires that I questioned, but some of them aren’t there any more. They either moved on, or were flushed because they didn’t move on.

The communications staff is superb. Chris Freet does a great job as AD for external media. It’s not just me saying that. I think everyone recognizes that it’s a good group in that particular area.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
Julie did a fine job in the search. I will also say that there are a lot of VERY competent people in the department. Jeff Long put together a good team, as I’ve mentioned before. I would leave someone out if I started naming names, but there are literally dozens of good ones every where you look. There were some hires that I questioned, but some of them aren’t there any more. They either moved on, or were flushed because they didn’t move on.

The communications staff is superb. Chris Freet does a great job as AD for external media. It’s not just me saying that. I think everyone recognizes that it’s a good group in that particular area.[/quote:21teqpfa]

Why do people only see black and white with no shades in between? Long made mistakes, but there are very good reasons he lasted ten years and is considered by many to be one of the best AD’s in the country. The fact that he could have fit in better with the locals is true, but it is not all his fault. The knee jerk hostility toward’s anyone who “ain’t from around here” is not something to be proud of. I am born in Arkansas 67 years ago, graduated from the UofA 41 years ago, and lived in Arkansas all but one year of my life so I can say this emphatically. Only after Frank died did his supporters feel free to get Long back for letting so many of them go when he took over. Frank would not have allowed it. If Long refused to fire CBB, then he needed to go. Otherwise, firing Long is not a proud moment in Razorback history. JMVVVVHO

She seems to have risen to the task that was handed to her. I suspect the arc of her career will continue upward. Personally I hope she marries Chuck Person or maybe his son so that she becomes Julie Cromer Peoples Person. That’s probably just me though.

She seems to have risen to the task that was handed to her. I suspect the arc of her career will continue upward. Personally I hope she marries Chuck Person or maybe his son so that she becomes Julie Cromer Peoples Person. That’s probably just me though.

[quote=“eaglehog5”]
She seems to have risen to the task that was handed to her. I suspect the arc of her career will continue upward. Personally I hope she marries Chuck Person or maybe his son so that she becomes Julie Cromer Peoples Person. That’s probably just me though.[/quote:3fow3dvu]

Julie already is married. She was Julie Cromer when she came to Arkansas.

As to the original question, she is guaranteed a position at the university through 2019 as part of an agreement she signed to be interim AD. I thought she did a fine job running the search. It fell within the timeline that it was expected and there was only one high-profile turndown. Look at Arkansas’ search and some of the others this off-season, and you’ll appreciate the job she did.

[quote=“MattJones”]

[quote=“eaglehog5”]
… As to the original question, she is guaranteed a position at the university through 2019 as part of an agreement she signed to be interim AD. I thought she did a fine job running the search. It fell within the timeline that it was expected and there was only one high-profile turndown. [b:2rsuxsqe]Look at Arkansas’ search and some of the others this off-season, and you’ll appreciate the job she did[/b:2rsuxsqe].[/quote:2rsuxsqe][/quote:2rsuxsqe][img:2rsuxsqe]http://www.elwinggsp.com/emoticons/ding.gif[/img:2rsuxsqe]

I really liked her. Hope we. Can keep her around, but I bet that is going to be difficult to do. She is a very impressive lady.

[quote=“ColoradoHog”]
I really liked her. Hope we. Can keep her around, but I bet that is going to be difficult to do. She is a very impressive lady.[/quote:26380dg3]
With a fairly recent marriage, there may be family considerations in whether she chooses to stay or leave UA. No idea what her hubby does. But she has a pretty good gig for now with a lot of responsibility, and the only step up would be as a permanent AD somewhere.

[quote=“MattJones”]

[quote=“eaglehog5”]
She seems to have risen to the task that was handed to her. I suspect the arc of her career will continue upward. Personally I hope she marries Chuck Person or maybe his son so that she becomes Julie Cromer Peoples Person. That’s probably just me though.[/quote:21li7g30]

Julie already is married. She was Julie Cromer when she came to Arkansas.

As to the original question, she is guaranteed a position at the university through 2019 as part of an agreement she signed to be interim AD. I thought she did a fine job running the search. It fell within the timeline that it was expected and there was only one high-profile turndown. [b:21li7g30]Look at Arkansas’ search and some of the others this off-season, and you’ll appreciate the job she did[/b:21li7g30].[/quote:21li7g30]

From a distance, I thought everything went about as well as could be expected under the circumstances. I know they had to offer it to Gus or we would never, ever hear the end of it. The firing while walking off the field did not happen. The search was quick and quiet without a lot of leaks to the media.

Yet Twitter and other media was full of remarks about Arkansas being dysfunctional, a dumpster fire, incompetent, a laughing stock, a national disgrace, etc. And this was from people who primarily cover the Razorbacks. For the most part, they are now saying that it still turned out fine. But they are saying it much more quietly.

Egg on the face has to be yucky.