July Basketball Session News

Thought we should get a thread going for the activity during this July period. Already a new name out today. Which is Keyshawn Braynt, who is 6’7 Forward, he’s rated a 4-star by ESPN and 3-star on the other major services.

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBaller1/status/885162815958507520

He’s super athletic and has a ton of highlights out on youtube. He can really finish around the rim. As of right now, according to 247 has offers from Wichita State and James Madison. With interest from Florida, Florida St, and Miami.

Versatile.

That’s a fit

Yea, he sure seems like the prototypical combo forward that CMA likes. Could definitely help fill that void that Perry was likely going to fill. You know who the lead recruiter is on him Dudley?

I am hoping they find a legit 6-10 or 6-9 center to replace Perry. In 2018-19, Gafford is the only true 5 we are left with.

More I think about losing Perry, more sick I get. All of a sudden 2018 class has become a challenge.

I’ll be checking in

Agree. As we stand right now, it appears to me that the 2017 class is the stronger one. We still have much left to do with the 2018 class though and, hopefully, Mike will pick up a couple more 4-stars.

To be clear I am not saying we are in trouble. There is plenty of time to finish up well. We already have 3 or 4 of the 6 in the bag. It is just that before the Perry decommitment, I thought what we do rest of the way was gravy.

This is true and I’ll add that the '18 class still has some very good players.

If Henderson plays like he does in the summer, he’s s force. Joe earned his offer bc he’s a knock down shooter and he has really improved and grown since then.

Desi is a kid Hog fans are going to love. He has “it”. A winning edge.

If we add a few good players this will still be a very good class and stacked with this upcoming class and the wealth of talent at the 15-16yo level, we are still in a position to stack rosters like we haven’t done in a long time.

Perry is most likely a McDonald’s AA and unless your one of the blue-blood programs that attain them in plurals it hurts.

That being said the current optimism about the program’s future was based off of the potential 2018, 2020 classes not just one individual player.

You start becoming a resident of the top 10-15 then your a very attractive option for a high-4Star (eventual 5) like Perry in Memphis, Southern Missouri, North Texas (Dallas) & Northern Louisiana who may want to play close to family & friends yet debut to a national TV audience.

Told Arkansas watched 2018 guard Shakur Daniel this morning. Really like his ability. He’s playing for the 17U Wings.

Correction: Arkansas is expected to watch Shakur later this morn.

Shakur is actually a guy I was curious about, lot of upside, he’s got really good size for a PG. He got hurt in the Spring correct? Do you know what the injury was and how serious it was?

Hamstring. Everything seems ok now.

https://twitter.com/ArRecruitingGuy/status/885560864660738048

RD,

What’s the situation on Sills. Is he injured or just decided not to play with the Hawks during this session?

Anderson and Thurman are watching 2020 G Moses Moody right now.

He had an injury and that kept him out of action for a bit.