Juco Players under Coach B

It seems like we are recruiting a lot of Juco players under coach B. Is this his intended strategy moving forward? Is it a better way to get players that can compete in the SEC?

I am just trying to get a handle on the recruiting strategy and where we are going.

thanks.

He signed six in 2013, three in 2014, two in 2015, four in 2016 and has two in the current class. The first few years of taking over a program you’re usually patching up holes in the roster. I think two to three a year is pretty standard for a lot of schools. You always miss on a few evaluations and have to go JC for immediate help.

Thanks Richard.

The numbers put it into perspective. I was thinking there were more than there were. I guess I should have checked it out first.

Perception isn’t always reality

He thinks highly of coach Synder at KSU. I think he follows a lot of what he learned there, and that program was built and rebuilt with JC players. I may be taking that wrong, but have thought that.

It’s also a way to try and fill in holes immediately.

That’s why they added jucos Britto Tutt and Michael Taylor after signing date.

We haven’t seen many to come in and make an immediate impact. They seem to need a year to adjust. IMO