Joseph Stone tweets

He’s reopening his recruiting.

This was a mutual decision.

Sorry closed the window thinking I had added the second sentence.

Hate lose the kid, but want kids who want to be here. Is it over for him with Hogs?

Interesting, how much of this is his decision, vs the staffs?

Ive expresses my skepticism on if he had what it took to compete in the SEC. I wonder if the jucos we are on have anything to do with this.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

He’s reopening his recruiting.

[/quote]Any specific reason as far as you know? Obviously, everyone will point to the record…

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

Added to my first post. Thought I had the second line in there and didn’t.

Stone wasn’t starting for his team midway through the season. Hope things workout for him.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

Added to my first post. Thought I had the second line in there and I didn’t.

[/quote]Thanks for the second line. Makes sense.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

Wow that would make a huge difference.
Wish the young man well.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

My wife and I were ordering our food and I was hungry and distracted when I made that first post. My concentration isn’t the best when I’m hungry.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

My wife and I were ordering our food and I was hungry and distracted when I made that first post. My concentration isn’t the best when I’m hungry.

[/quote]Yeah, I know the feeling. Wife came in to tell me she’s cooking as fast as she can to which I thought, “Not fast enough.” Ha!

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

Plus trying to do it on your phone is a challenge.

I hate to hear this news as well RD but if he isn’t a starter midway through his senior year it may mean he needs more time to groom. Sounds like a smaller school and redshirt or maybe JUCO. Or, I could be wrong on both fronts and don’t know what I am talking about which according to my wife happens often in our house lol.

Richard

What did the coaches see in Stone when they first initially offered? You may not know the answer to that. I would say it was a total mis-eval if he goes from an SEC offer to not starting for a smaller school. As good as the class is on paper, I am concerned about our oline in this class. It’s still early, things can change, but i dont see an upgrade currently in what Kurt Anderson recruited to Arkansas.

They liked his size, strength and mobility.

When he was at Hewitt- Trussville he was doing well and then he upped and moved. Things were starting to unravel a bit a little before he moved.

Former Hog Caleb Perry and Hewitt-Trussville OL coach thought he had NFL potential and I agree. The mental part also needs to go along with the physical part too. Hopefully he matures and gets things going in the right direction.

Not RD, but at the time we were waaayy behind in the recruiting department and needed some good news. He, at the time, attended a top school in Alabama, since then he transferred to another school and has moved to the DL, there.

Careful, Jeremiah.

Don’t know yet about recruiting, but the OL coaching is vastly superior.

The coaches are more selective. Bielema wouldn’t have had the guts to tell a kid who was committed to de-commit. Look at the running back we had committed last year. He didn’t even go anywhere else, but bielema was satisfied with a running back that no one else wanted. We have to get the best recruits we can without worrying about hurting feelings. This goes both ways. Fan bases can’t get mad for a kid doing what is best for himself. It is a business with people’s lives and careers on the line.

He told two from Louisiana his first year to look elsewhere, so yeah, he cut some.

His first year we took pretty much any and everyone.