Jordan Phillips

said he’ll most likely pass up the Va. Tech visit this weekend. He said he’s not certain on a date for a decision but he feels like it’s coming soon. He’ll be a Hog unless something unforeseen happens.

Sure hope your right, come on down Jordan.

Can we take Chaney and Ridder if Jordan commits?

When he commits would we still take Jerrico Hellems? Got to have a big with the last spot IMO. Is there a post we are recruiting besides Chaney?

Thanks.

I think if Chaney and Hellems wanted to come you would do what you could to take both.

I was just looking at some highlights of Hellums I really like his game.

Also, after listening to your interview and reading some things you’ve been posting about him I like our chances a lot more with him, and we would make a lot of sense for him. Here’s some things I’ve gathered that looks to be in Arkansas’ favor.

• The home state Missouri is currently 1 scholarship over the limit, once Porter leaves early they’ll be maxed out on scholarships, currently no room for him there.
  • Arkansas would be the 2nd closets school to his home town only being 5 hours away. the next closets school on his list is about 9 hours away.
  • AAU coach says Arkansas has been the most consistent recruiting him, and believes we get a visit.
  • Arkansas just been in recently for in-home visit and watched him practice.
  • Has visited 2 schools already in NC State and South Carolina, really haven’t heard any national recruiting guys say he’s leaning to any of those schools.

What are your thoughts on our chances with him RD?

I also think that Jordan is leaning heavily toward committing here and doing it soon.

As far as Jerrico, I will be somewhat restrained until he actually takes an official visit here.

If he does, then I think Arkansas will have a very legitimate chance.

Hellems and Hinton are my 2 favorite wings they’ve been recruiting. Landing Hellems would be really nice, but Phillips is intriguing too and I do think they probably need another big to round out the class.

Yeah, I’d be a little surprised if we took both Phillips and Hellems, considering that we badly need another post player.

After this year, it’s Gafford and that’s it. It’s even a little bit of a risk to only sign Chaney, who is definitely a post player, but a short one.

By the way, it could be the lack of film, but I prefer Hellems over Phillips if it’s an either/or situation. I like the skill of Hellems.

I’ve seen both. I like Phillips the most out of everyone that has visited, I think it’s because he can play guard and a 6’7 SG is a huge size advantage, but Hellums and Nolley were the two that really caught my attention when AR had reached out.

You would likely take both if they wanted to come. That’s not just me speaking. Both are top tier guys.

You would also do your best to take Chaney if he wanted to come.

Remmeber Cook’s situation hasn’t been resolved yet.

Phillips and Hellems are somewhat similar though Jordan is a a notch or two better at handling the ball which only makes since he’s a guard. Both are more than adequate from the three.

I would take Phllips and Hellums.

Adrio Bailey, Ethan Henderson, Gabe O can and maybe Darious Hall will likely play the “4” in 2018-2019, but - as Razor Ag noted - it would be dicey behind Gafford although Ethan might grow into it.

Isn’t Cook’s scholarship already figured in the 6 open scholarships?

Yes it is.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

You would likely take both if they wanted to come. That’s not just me speaking. Both are top tier guys.

You would also do your best to take Chaney if he wanted to come.

Remmeber Cook’s situation hasn’t been resolved yet.

Phillips and Hellems are somewhat similar though Jordan is a a notch or two better at handling the ball which only makes since he’s a guard. Both are more than adequate from the three.
[/quote]Why would Cook’s situation affect ANY 2018 prospect? He’s a senior.

It wouldn’t unless he redshirted - which I don’t think is going to happen.

That will put them one over the scholarship limit. They will have to release someone.

Also you and RazorAg are forgetting Ethan Henderson.

[quote=“Swinesong51”]

Yep.

Brain fart.

Right on Ethan. Brian drain here as well.

Here I go with that edit button again.

:lol:

Totally agree with the same caveat that there is very little film available of Phillips. I like bigger, skilled wings and he looks like he could be that, but there wasn’t a lot of film available and the level of competition made it hard to get a very good read.