Jonesboro and Desi Sills

have a great shot at finishing really high in the national High School rankings if they can run the table and end up undefeated this week. They are currently Max Preps’ # 7 in team the country.

Anyone know the highest National Ranking that an Arkansas High School team has ever finished with?

That’s a good question.

https://twitter.com/ADGtim/status/836239844254830593

Nice find! #5 I haven’t followed the HS rankings closely, but I sure don’t remember an Arkansas High School team ranked that high before. I do remember some national notoriety for West Memphis when they had Michael Cage and Keith Lee.

It looks like Jonesboro, now ranked #5, has to continue climbing up the rankings to get the best ranking ever for an Arkansas High School.

If someone called “The Sports Seer” has correct information, it appears 2 Arkansas High School teams have finished #3 and #4 in the final National High School rankings. The 1992 Parkview High School team, with Derek Fisher and Deion Cross finished #4 with a 35-1 record. The 1980 West Memphis team with Keith Lee and Michael Cage finished #3 with a 30-0 record.

Not likely Jonesboro will beat either of those teams unless at least 3 of the 4 teams now ranked ahead of them lose in their state play-offs.