Johnny Gibson stopped playing like Gubby and started playing like Gibby

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016 … -identity/”>http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/nov/09/johnny-gibson-embraces-gibby-identity/</LINK_TEXT>

Kurt Anderson explains.

I really enjoy your writing, Jimmy. Keep up the good work.

Jimmy is a VERY talented reporter and writer. It was a masterstroke when Jimmy was added to our staff as we went forward with the merger. It was one thing to merge what we had going with Dudley Dawson and Richard Davenport in recruiting. We also were able to not duplicate the work between Matt Jones and myself so we were not spread so thin. And, then, we added Jimmy to all of that.

I will say that Jimmy is a sharp, well-focused writer, but he’s also a sharp person. As a dresser, he is the fashion plate for the rest of us in the media. He has his GQ style. I just have my Orvis shirts. I will give him one of my Orvis catalogs soon and he can dress down a little bit.

Agreed. I’m starting to think of the guy in Plains Georgia as that other Jimmy Carter. As for his subject, something else crossed my mind. Two years ago we were fawning, grovelling and begging another Dumas Bobcat to be a Razorback. Turns out our grovelling may have been directed at the wrong Bobcat.

Johnny Gibson is very talented. He can play in the SEC. He just has to continue to work. The offensive line is all about work ethic. Yes, talent is important, but the ones who make it are the ones who work tirelessly. I’m told that Jalen Merrick is starting to figure things out. He’s not to the point that they feel comfortable putting him in a game just yet, but he’s getting closer. That’s another massive individual with athletic ability.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
Jimmy is a VERY talented reporter and writer. It was a masterstroke when Jimmy was added to our staff as we went forward with the merger. It was one thing to merge what we had going with Dudley Dawson and Richard Davenport in recruiting. We also were able to not duplicate the work between Matt Jones and myself so we were not spread so thin. And, then, we added Jimmy to all of that.

I will say that Jimmy is a sharp, well-focused writer, but he’s also a sharp person. As a dresser, he is the fashion plate for the rest of us in the media. He has his GQ style. I just have my Orvis shirts. I will give him one of my Orvis catalogs soon and he can dress down a little bit.
[/quote]Self edit by me but ---- something on the construction site we would say about " a room", lol ---- but excellent article with the Skipper quotes adding extra validity. Jimmy — time for a raise, ha.

Really appreciate the kind words, guys.

I need that watch catalogue haha!