John Stephen Jones

I’ve touted this young man several times here. But he continues to amaze. Here’s what the DMN said in the opening to its article about the game last night:

“John Stephen Jones, the grandson of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, improved to 6-0 in his career at the Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium by throwing for 358 yards and five touchdowns in a 45-35 win over previously undefeated Denton Ryan in a 5A Division I state semifinal that ended just after midnight.”

So he has led HP to another state championship game next Friday evening at 7:00 in Jerry World. They play Manvel, a very good Houston area program with multiple D1 commits. I’m telling you, if he goes to Arkansas he will be a difference maker. Great skills and a true winner.

He might be Drew Brees part two. Clearly he can play the sport and understands the requirements to play at this level. Plus, he wins at Jerry World

Quarterback at Highland Park. You got to be pretty dang good. Plain and simple.

And Chad Morris’ son is his back up. Correct?

Yes.

He ended up 24 of 35 for 358 and 5 TDs.

How is the QB situation going to work out in this class?

Noland-committed
Jones-offered and likely to come here
Bohanon-offered and wanted

Surely they wouldn’t take all 3, correct? I know it’s been reported the JSJ has an “offer” but certainly he wouldn’t actually take up a scholarship, right?

Yes they want all 3 . No one will miss out on a scholarship due to that situation. Not to be overthought.

Jones will blueshirt which means he would count towards the 19 class.