John Cohen to Auburn?

This is pretty surprising. Cohen was Mississippi State’s baseball coach from 2009-16 and played college baseball there.

One tie Cohen has to Auburn is Butch Thompson, the baseball coach. Thompson was Cohen’s assistant for several years.

Auburn is a better job. He is stepping into the cauldron but he will have more resources. I’ve heard mixed reviews about Cohen.

Can you imagine cohen getting the job? Makes Mullen and leach too candidates to replace harsin

With the complexities of running athletic departments, are we likely seeing the end of coaches assuming AD positions? With Vince Dooley’s passing much was deservedly said about his dual role at Georgia, but I think Frank wrote the book on moving into the AD role.

Cohen is a former coach, albeit baseball. I recall Dave Van Horn telling me Cohen wanted to get into administration years ago.

My State friends are furious. Hope he don’t mind reporting to Yellarwood…

There’s not much job security at Auburn. Cohen may look back and regret taking the Auburn job in a few years!

Hired gun.

You forget, it’s a ticket out of Starkville.

3 Likes

There are several reporting Cohen has been hired at Auburn.

1 Like

Stankvomit or Allbarn. Hmm :thinking:

Has Harsin shown up for his PC? He hadn’t after an hour.

I heard it from a connected State alum during our game. Actually his wife is connected alum. He said it was done.

maybe this is what AllBarn has been waiting on to fire/hire a FB coach?

GHG

Either place will ever be home for me!

He might be in a meeting getting told what door to exit!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.