Joe Lunardi now has Arkansas as a...

ninth seed.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket … acketology

Awesome. Very encouraging.

Hope we just keep winning and leave nothing to chance and make the dance.

They have been playing with urgency and need to keep it up.

So need to finish strong and make the dance, and keep building with those next classes for a string of dances again befitting this program.

Congrats Mike! Keep it up!

What a great reward. We don’t want to be on the 8-9 seed line. Keep winning and move up.

He doesn’t see Arkansas getting above an 8-9 seed unless it wins the SEC Tournament per his interview last week on Bo’s show

He also agrees with me that it is better to be an 8-9 seed rather than a 11-12 because the first game is easier to win plus you would have had a better end to the regular season and SEC Tournament.

I noticed the second round would probably be a match up with North Carolina. 2 years ago we were close to beating them then.
It would just be nice to get in and make a run.

If we can get in and win one game, it will have been a very successful year.

The problem is - especially with a N. Carolina or Duke, when they are highly seeded - you get fed to them in a venue that is a virtual home court for them.

I’m not so concerned about this group of Hogs being able to play well on the road - their record shows that they are capable of not only “positive” but very good performances in hostile environments. What I DO worry about is the home-cooking that even good officials give to Carolina when they play in state like that. Chances for a first round win might be a little better with a 9 seed over - say - an 11 or 12 seed. But not much, really. And the odds of getting into the Sweet Sixteen are definitely better with the 11 or 12, based on who you’d play - and, in (more likely) a truly neutral setting.

Of course, the kids and coaches cannot be concerned - at all - with that. They’ve got to focus on keeping this momentum alive and gaining confidence.

But, I’m not a player or coach - just a fan. I want them to keep winning (if they are able to); I am not advocating otherwise Just pointing out the irony of our situation. Most likely, the BEST scenario (from a regular season and SECT standpoint) we can have will likely feed us to a home-standing #1 seed in the second round, if we advance. Whereas, if we lost one or two, we’d likely still be in the Tournament (but, NO guarantee!) with a better chance of advancing.

ALL of that said, I’m just hoping we’re in - anywhere. It makes “March Madness” SOOOOOOO much more interesting if your team is involved.

It’s about like the home cookin we get in the SEC when we play Florida. North Carolina, Duke and UCLA have all gotten the calls needed to whip our hogs! I say play them every year. All 3 of them and get to where you beat them on a regular basis.
The problem is they don’t want to come to BWA!
I just want to get back to making the dance every year and earn a seed between 1-5 yearly.

For once, thanks to the bathroom bill (a mistake Arkansas is now attempting to copy), neither Duke nor UNC will have first round games in their home state, which has been very rare over the last, oh, 30 years or so.

It is entirely possible/probable that either or both will be sent to Greenville, SC, which is not far away, but it’s still not like a first round game in Raleigh or Greensboro. And we know that Duke can lose tournament games within the borders of NC anyway…

So IMO, Bama has an easier last 4 games than us. If we go 2 & 2, in our last 4— Bama has a good shot at going 3 -1, does anybody think, if we come in 5th in the SEC that will be a deal breaker or force us to have to win 2 in the SEC tourney to make the NCAA.

I mean we would still have a better overall record, just worried.

No use in worrying! Win the four games we have left that’s all to worry about. The real issue is the three horrible losses we have. Missouri. ( unbelievable loss)
Vandy at home they crushed us
Mississippi State caught us right after the Kentucky meltdown.
Those are the ones that hurt!
We will be looked at by the selection committee with those on our resume. Hope we have more quality wins than those.
Hope South Carolina gets back on track we need them to be a top 50 RPI team !
This time of year is fun. Hope my hogs make it and hope they win!

[quote=“ArmyHog”]
No use in worrying! Win the four games we have left that’s all to worry about. The real issue is the three horrible losses we have. Missouri. ( unbelievable loss)
Vandy at home they crushed us
Mississippi State caught us right after the Kentucky meltdown.
Those are the ones that hurt!
We will be looked at by the selection committee with those on our resume. Hope we have more quality wins than those.
Hope South Carolina gets back on track we need them to be a top 50 RPI team !
This time of year is fun. Hope my hogs make it and hope they win!
[/quote]I’m with you and I expect to beat ATM, trouble at Auburn, close game at FL that we can win, and I think we will beat GA — unless it is irrelevant at that point.
We need one loss in there somewhere if we can afford it, if we want to do well in the NCAA. Unless you are Florida, you are better off not winning the SEC tourney if you plan on winning it all ---- not that, that is a realistic goal this year.

Where you finish in your conference means very little. They might take a seventh place team and leave out the fifth place team. It’s total body of work. And the committee recognizes that not all conference schedules are created equal. Bama doesn’t play Florida twice; we do. Bama didn’t have to go to Gainesville or Lexington either; both came to T-town (and won anyway).

The Bracket Matrix average has us as a 9 as of this morning. A whole lot of people have us as an 8 seed, one holdout has us as a 12. And we’re now in the field in all 94 brackets they surveyed today.

Hey, let’s play one game at a time. The next game is A&M. That’s all we need to worry about.

Beat Texas A&M and see game by game. We can go 4-0. That’s what would make things easier. We do need to finally win a game or 2 in the SEC tournament!
Alabama does have the the weakest last 4 games. Florida and South Carolina has not got cupcakes left by no means. And they also play each other. I hope they play about 3 or 4 overtimes. Somebody has to loose.
Florida has SC, UK, Hogs and Vandy
South Carolina has FL, TN, MSST &OM
Bama has GA, TA&M, OM & TN
Hogs have TA&M, AU, FL & GA
If we could win out or stay even with Bama anything is possible at this point.