Jimmy Whitt

I know this is old news but does anyone know why Jimmy Whitt transferred? Any Insiders information?

I’m not an insider but once Macon and Bardford were recruited and signed he announced his intentions to transfer pretty quick! It seemed as if he didn’t want to compete with them for playing time. Babb followed the same path.

Throw Dusty Hannahs into the mix at guard as well, and in all likelihood there wouldn’t have been a whole lot of run available for him. I actually got a text from a friend about him last night. He apparently has that same funky-looking jumper.

Shooting 55% from the field, but has not attempted a 3-pt shot all year. Playing close to 40 minutes a game for an injury depleted SMU squad.

He would have helped here, but I don’t miss him.

Jimmy is doing alright, but Nick Babb has been a really good all around player for Cyclone State. 11.6 ppg 7 rebounds 7 assists and nearly a steal and a half per game. Sure would like to have him right now!

Big loss

That is the one I hated to see go.

The SMU announcers lamented about his line drive shot in yesterdays game vs. Cincinnati. Never too thrilled about his shooting form, especially his last year.

I think the door was made wide open for him, he was supposed to be the one & last player from that class to shine but didnt.
That whole class went down the tubes.

are both having solid years, but Weiler-Babb wouldn’t probably have helped this team the most.

Whitt and Babb both left due to one thing - they did not feel they got enough playing time and did not see it getting better.

Starting all of his team’s 25 games, Jimmy Whiitt (6-3, 175) is averaging 10.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and just under four assists per game while shooting 55.7 percent from the field.

Part of that 55.7 percent is because he just take 2-ponters. Ha has taken only a trio of3 3-pointerss all season and has not hit one.

Amazingly he is hitting just 54.7 percent (40-of-73) from the free throw line. He has developed a hitch in his free throw form.

Babb (6-5, 200), who is now going by Weiler-Babb, is averaging 11.6 points, 7.1 rebounds and 7 assists per game.

He is shooting 43.8 percent from the field, 32.8 percent from the field and 77.8 percent from the free throw line.

In no way, did Arkansas want either to transfer away.

It was full their choice.

To me, Khalil Garland would have been our replacement for what Babb would have given us. Just hate that we may never get to see him. I don’t think we’ve really missed Whitt, he just wasn’t as good as advertised.