Jimmy Dykes

Was anybody else annoyed that Dykes was singing Gus’s praises on Twitter last night after the game?

Should not be a surprise. JD was the AD at Shiloh when Gus was there.

I want nothing to do with the Gus bus!

Not at all.

They are great friends.

If they are great friends, why not just tell him rather than tweeting for the whole world to see?

He was rubbing it in our noses.

i totally get that.

Gus has been very successful … really throughout his career.

he is quite the polarizing figure in arkansas // especially NW arkansas

there are many that LOVE him
many that HATE him

cannot argue he has been very very successful as football coach … from days of arkansas high school thru today.

hes relevant.

cant blame his good buddy for tweeting.

Jimmy does not work for Arkansas at this point. And, Jimmy and Gus were/are very close.

Thank goodness he no longer works for us. He couldn’t even handle a group of girls.

Obviously you don’t have daughters. :lol:

And if Gus loses another game or two this season they will have something else in common…fired

Agree 100% with Notorious. For some reason I follow JD on twitter and I can’t recall one single positive tweet about Arkansas since he got fired. He may not be an employee at the UA anymore but he is an alum and lives in the area.

There is no doubt in my mind who he wanted to win last night. And it wasn’t GM vs. Arkansas. It was Auburn vs. Arkansas.

Now that he is back working for ESPN I put him in that blowhard anti-UA category with Dan Wolken and Jeff Goodman.

His “banjos” comment during the Texas v Arkansas bball game rubbed me the wrong way and I’ve been less than impressed since then.

Check with HOFer Nolan Richardson about coaching girls/women. He could not “handle” them either while coaching WNBA in Tulsa. :wink:

Jimmy Dykes needs to stay on TV! I have daughters but they know what respect and faith mean!
He can take his friend Greaseball “Cal” and move to Kentucky. Lets see how close the FBI gets on the Nike side and if Greaseball is caught it will be 3 times he’s broken NCAA rules and got caught.
Gus is as self serving as Greaseball and neither one of them have any loyalty.
I have no use for Gus over his actions as the OC on the hill.
I hope he gets fired and ends up being a greeter at Wal Mart! No use for him.

Jimmy Dykes needs to stay on TV! I have daughters but they know what respect and faith mean!
He can take his friend Greaseball “Cal” and move to Kentucky. Lets see how close the FBI gets on the Nike side and if Greaseball is caught it will be 3 times he’s broken NCAA rules and got caught.
Gus is as self serving as Greaseball and neither one of them have any loyalty.
I have no use for Gus over his actions as the OC on the hill.
I hope he gets fired and ends up being a greeter at Wal Mart! No use for him.

I agree with much of what you said. And further, back in the day when Gus was at Shiloh, they were running up the score on every state HS team they could. They were the first before Coach Kelly at PA came along. I tell you the rules the AAA established vs. private schools in AR are directly attributed to the lack of sportsmanship (and recruiting) by Shiloh…and later PA. I have no respect for Gus or anyone that supports him. Just how I feel. I’m sure there are some outliers.

yup

polarizing

Gus is from Fort Smith. He walked on at Arkansas. He coached at Arkansas. Being the HC at Arkansas would have been his dream job, except the Nutster killed that. I’ve never understood the animus for Gus; a good guy and a vastly better HC that we’ve got.

As others have said, there was a lot of blame to go around everywhere with the Springdale 5. And, I’ve never thought the guy was a good sportsman. Put that with all of the cheating smoke at AU and I just don’t think he’s as good a guy as the persona people want to create.

There’s been plenty of explanation in this thread. If you don’t understand it my guess is you just disagree with it and don’t care about the reasons stated as much as you enjoy his style of play and level of success at a much better positioned school.

There is plenty of evidence Gus isn’t a good guy and is a hypocrite. And, it’s not a HDN thing. I can’t stand him, either.