Jeff Long must be ecstatic!

Lighten up, Francis. You either have to laugh at this mess, or cry.

Hey! Everyone loves a good, unnecessary fat joke. Maybe he has a crippled relative we can call gimpy.
[/quote]

If you think this board is harsh, its not. Go read some of the others. It’s brutal!! and if you have the stomach for it, go read some of the SEC boards. With your BB love, you may end up at the Alma Sonic… lol.

The worst one … #SnuggieClause. If you have to wear a Snuggle as a shirt on national TV, you forfeit your buyout. Brutal.

If you think this board is harsh, its not. Go read some of the others. It’s brutal!! and if you have the stomach for it, go read some of the SEC boards. With your BB love, you may end up at the Alma Sonic… lol.
[/quote]

Thanks for the lecture. I don’t think it’s harsh. And, I like a good joke. The fat stuff is just lame. That’s all.

Omg that close up of Bert and Kurt in the o line huddle was ridiculous like wtf r u even wearing u can’t be serious #snuggieclause

google Bielema … the search engine take you to Sweatshirt and buyout. Lol!!

BTW Snuggieclause is trending on Twitter,

I have to admit, fashion wise he reminded me more today of a guy who slept on beer cans waking up in a sweat shirt he wore night before - more than head coach of a major program.

Would go back to windbreaker fast

No, Long isn’t ecstatic. He knows how important this game was for the program and the fan base. CoachB will not be fired. He certainly will be evaluated at the end of the season. If our season really goes south, I’m sure CoachB will be on a career ending path unless significant improvement is made next year.

Longs job is to make money. That’s it. You don’t think he’s making money? You don’t know? He’s running a business. That’s it.

Jeff Long made a decision that benefitted Jeff Long when he chose to fire Petrino. You think he ends up as the commissioner of the inaugural selection committee if he doesn’t fire Petrino? He’s literally made a career on firing the best coach Arkansas has had in a generation. And it seems the only person who is better off because of that decision is Jeff Long…and maybe Bielema as well. The program and the fans that pay for the program sure aren’t better off.

While I don’t agree with every thing he does, I do not think he fired Bobby Petrino to up his street cred.

It was the right thing to do and a justifiable decision - one he could not make without the support of the Board of Trustees.

As I have said all along, it was more than about a mistress, a motorcycle, a ditch and the lying.

All that was simply was highly publicized and the last straw after a long list of stuff.

i am certain that our AD had the support of the BOT when he fired Petrino.

very few of us realized what a nefarious character BP was while he was winning all those games .

his job was to win games and he was very successful at his job. i had no clue the AD was looking to fire this highly successful coach. no even an inkling of a clue… must have put the AD in a difficult spot.

i guess the “motorcycle wreck” and all the scandalous and mysterious drama that followed was actually a golden opportunity

there was a silver lining , anyway…

all that positive national press that followed that (interestingly) tearful press conference didnt hurt either.

alls well that ends well i guess. …mostly anyway
coach nefarious has good job with national prominence at another program.
an exWisconsin coach is now a millionaire.
our AD has a bright future

only our football program continues to suffer from all these events and the decisions made afterwards…

i doubt very seriously that JL is happy however.
i would bet he is studying his mail more closely

very few of us realized what a nefarious character BP was while he was winning all those games

People don’t want to hear bad things about coaches that are winning.

Only about those who are losing.

Man, talk about conspiracy theories! Have a hard time seeing how Bobby becomes the victim. I am sure he appreciates your support.

What is dumb is Long insinuating that winning doesn’t matter… what I said is basically what he said after TCU. Everyone says that Petrino “left” them in bad shape, yet, he was winning. I don’t excuse his off field actions or the decision to let him go. But this false revisionist history about the “cupboard being bare” is pathetic.

That and the fact that Petrino’s players are long gone and this is Bielema’s 5th year.
[/quote]

You showed me a lot right there…

Wow…sadly there are still a bunch of Petrino fans that can’t let go.

Actually, what’s sad is the current state of our program.

Was Petrino a POS…yes. Did he get too big for his britches…most likely. Did he win games with an exciting brand of football…absolutely. Did he run a clean program, as far as the NCAA is concerned…by all accounts.

Actually, to me here’s the ultimate statement on Petrino. I played golf with Tyler Wilson not long ago, we obviously talked a lot about his time there and what went on. He was very open with the fact that Petrino had “off field issues”, but said most of the butt chewings he got, he deserved and Petrino made him a better player. He then said, “let me put it this way, if I ever have a son who plays college football, I want him to play for Bobby Petrino.”

Regardless of what people think, Jeff Long did have a choice. He made it and now he’s living with the consequences of it.

[quote=“BiffMalibu”]

Actually, what’s sad is the current state of our program.

Was Petrino a POS…yes. Did he get too big for his britches…most likely. Did he win games with an exciting brand of football…absolutely. Did he run a clean program, as far as the NCAA is concerned…by all accounts.

Actually, to me here’s the ultimate statement on Petrino. I played golf with Tyler Wilson not long ago, we obviously talked a lot about his time there and what went on. He was very open with the fact that Petrino had “off field issues”, but said most of the butt chewings he got, he deserved and Petrino made him a better player. He then said, “let me put it this way, if I ever have a son who plays college football, I want him to play for Bobby Petrino.”

Regardless of what people think, Jeff Long did have a choice. He made it and now he’s living with the consequences of it.
[/quote]Not that Petrino did not have some redeeming qualities, albeit not a long list, most players generally have positive feelings about their Coaches. Having choices is a pretty broad brush, it is very different from was it the right thing to do. Regardless, it is history and not really that productive to the situation at hand. Somehow it seems easy for those living in the past to assume the present and future being different predicated on their view of how it would play out. They fail to remember that Petrino was not recruiting at a high level and also forget his penchant for bolting on programs. So even if Long were to have made the deal with the devil, Petrino may not have been here anyway or have been able to recruit well enough to be the winner that so many assume he would have been. No one knows, and really it does not change much now, anyway.

So you think that’s what Jeff Long had in mind when he fired BP.
Speaking from 3rd person;
Ahh, now this will surely get me the “Commissioner of the 1st FBS Playoff Committee Job” I Did It!!! Now the sky’s the limit for firing a man who lied to Me his Boss, the University, the FANS, the World on national TV. Yes thank You Bobby Petrino, you just made my day and my future brighter!!!

Long never has a shot at that job if BP is a modest, caring, strictly monogamous, husband & father. Still here winning or losing on the football field.

That’s not even close to what I said, but whatever makes you feel better.

Here’s what makes me feel better:

Winning 10+ games
Going to BSC games
Not getting 50 pts hung on you
Having a kicker that can make 25yd FGs and can kick it into the endzone
Not going 10-23 in the SEC
Having an offensive line that doesn’t get your QB killed