Jeff Long must be ecstatic!

We lost, again… but hey, he’s got a stand up coach who does it the right way.

yeap, I agree we got someone that got the G.P.A high , might of fact sign him for about 5 more years its about creating uncommon men off the field and doing dumb calls on the field…

didn’t you know? Long has told us we r going in the right direction :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Such a dumb post. I’m sick of all of them but if you think Petrino left them with any choice you breathe through your mouth and pick your nose a lot.

Such a dumb post. I’m sick of all of them but if you think Petrino left them with any choice you breathe through your mouth and pick your nose a lot.
[/quote]

What is dumb is Long insinuating that winning doesn’t matter… what I said is basically what he said after TCU. Everyone says that Petrino “left” them in bad shape, yet, he was winning. I don’t excuse his off field actions or the decision to let him go. But this false revisionist history about the “cupboard being bare” is pathetic.

That and the fact that Petrino’s players are long gone and this is Bielema’s 5th year.

Yeah, right. I’d love to hear your explanation of why there was no “choice.” I’m sure it is riveting and utterly devoid of facts and reason, all at once.

Ok, I’ll go back to my nose picking and mouth breathing.

I know ya’ll can do it…try real hard not to use the “P” word. He’s gone 5 years, he ain’t coming back. Should be a forum rule :wink:

The “P” word needs to be continually used because it reminds us that we can play winning football at Arkansas with the right coach, and with the right players. Not with the coach we have now, who cannot coach the players we have now. Petrino, Petrino, Petrino…

[quote=“Hawgjawbend”]

Yeah, right. I’d love to hear your explanation of why there was no “choice.” I’m sure it is riveting and utterly devoid of facts and reason, all at once.

Ok, I’ll go back to my nose picking and mouth breathing.
[/quote]I am sure you believe what you said, based on your interpretation of facts.

To criticize the coach and want him gone, I’m not sure why kids doing the right things off the field needs to be ridiculed.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

What does that even mean? Why is it a punchline that he tries to win the right way? It’s a non equivalency. Petrino had to be fired. Lied to his boss. Put his mistress on the payroll. If you criticize his firing, you’re just not smart. At all.

That can all be true and Bielema can be a failure irrespective of him trying and mostly succeeding at trying to do off field stuff right.

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

I don’t disagree (now) with the firing of BP. At the time I did. More info has trickled out over the last few years. In any event, I agree with the firing and agree that BB can be a failure irrespective of the rightness or wrongness of firing BP.

I didn’t like the BB hire from day one. I admit by the end of year 3 I was doubting my doubts. They are back in full force. I don’t think we can “out Bama Bama” (apparently we can’t use that style to beat very many teams). We need to do something different (like BP did). It isn’t that I want BP back, I don’t, I want a coach like him (and yes I know they are not a dime a dozen, may not be possible).

I am glad our off the field issues are much better (lets not fool ourselves, they aren’t gone), but lets also be honest, that isn’t enough to keep a job at a SEC school, you got to have a sufficient number of wins as well.

We went from a coach who could coach to one who is more interested in which fast food place has the shortest line. The Hill has went to Hell

This ain’t corporate mid management, Notorious. It’s big time SEC football. You confusion about the distinction is “not smart.” LOL. He lied to Jeff Long, and so on. So what?

i laughed out loud. Good one!!

Just trying to post in a non-combative manner that to those still living in the Petrino past either do not want the facts or want to spin in the way that best support their affection for him. I agree completely with the decision to release him. Don’t miss him and actually believe his record here would not be what his fan club assume it would be.

If I have to explain it to you it’s pointless. It’s a matter of common freaking sense.

Guy hired his mistress. Lied to his boss in front of the entire country. It’s a no brainer. If you need an explanation regarding a no brainer that’s a you problem.

Bielema isn’t getting it done. No doubt. But the ripping Long for a decision that had to be made is childish and dumb as dumb can be.

Hey! Everyone loves a good, unnecessary fat joke. Maybe he has a crippled relative we can call gimpy.

As noted many times earlier, the mistress and her hiring and how her office was going to be right next to his in the new football complex was just the highly publicized part of the saga.

There were so much more. Great, great coach. Horrible, horrible person - at least at the time.

No questioning his coaching ability.

That’s for certain.