JD's inside the cut line at the Open

Daly is -2 through 8 holes today, -1 for the tournament. Right now the cut line is at even, so he doesn’t have much room for error.

Tiger won’t be around, 75 today, +9 for the tournament, tied for 150th. To cap it off, he missed a short birdie putt at 18. It was rough watching him limp around for two days.

Cameron Smith currently leading at -10. Dustin Johnson and first round leader Cameron Young are at -9.

Tiger just needs to go ahead and retire and just consider himself lucky to be alive, He has an incredibly talented young son that he can enjoy watching play golf the rest of his life. He may get to where he can compete on the champions tour but he will never be able to compete with these young bombers today

I don’t disagree but it’s not my career and it’s not my leg.

JD is now right on the cutline through 12.

Update: Still on the cutline through 15. He has four birdies, five bogeys, and eagled #5. If he makes the cut, that large winged creature is probably what got him through.

Cameron Smith, meanwhile, is tearing up the course. He’s -8 today, -13 for the tournament and leads by 3.

So JD bogeyed 16, 17 and 18, three putting the last two holes. Missed cut.

My leg break wasn’t as bad as Tiger’s but it was still a nasty spiral fracture requiring a tibial nail. It was two years ago and three months. It really wasn’t until the last 6 months that I feel fairly normal but if I walk a long distance or I’m on a lot of uneven ground I can still feel discomfort where they put the screws. Even though Tiger has the best physical trainers money can buy, it is still a long recovery process.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.