Jaylin Williams

Heck of a game and effort tonight. One of best I have seen.

9 Likes

I agree. And with Banchero and the Duke’s Williams, he wasn’t playing against chopped liver.

Totally Impossible to give more than he gave tonight and every night,he is a Warrior! he will only get better,wait to you see him next yr!!

3 Likes

Honestly, it’s pretty amazing and reassuring to know he’ll be with us next year.

3 Likes

He had a great game tonight. He tried to carry the team, but one can’t against that kind of talent. He has been amazing all year.

2 Likes

He is a warrior and a joy to watch. I am looking forward to seeing him lead next year’s team. A truly great team player.

2 Likes

One tough hombre. 4 tourney games. 4 dbl dbls’s.

1 Like

Outstanding performance, maybe one of the best examples of what dedication to your craft can do for you. If had a list of players that I would want young kids to watch JWill would be at the top of my list. WPS

1 Like

What a great year of growth JWill had. He only needs marginal improvement to work his way into first round territory next year. The obvious place I would like to seem him take the next step is 3 point percentage. Also when a team gives him the free throw line like Duke did when they went to to 2-3 Zone he has to catch the ball ready to shoot or pump and go to the basket. He could have dominated Williams in the lane as he was the quicker player but he looked a little confused when they made the switch to the zone. I think JWill received the ball on the free throw line either four or five straight times down the floor and kicked it back out to the point. I am not sure we scored on any of those possessions and that is when Duke pretty much put the game away. I would also like to see him, when he is going to the rim, shoot the ball from above the rim and not below it. He is 6’10" and 245 lbs but the majority of his shots around the rim were taken from below the basket. He has done that all year. A switch to the mind set that he is going to dunk all of them instead of a layup, similar to his two handed monster jam, would draw more fouls and probably result in more conversions. I have so enjoyed watching him play and mature into the player he has become and can’t wait to see what he does next year. I think he will be a pre-season All-American and will live up to the billing.

2 Likes

J-Will made one of the best plays in the tourney against the Gonzaga when he tiptoed the inbound’s line and dropped the ball on the backside of Timme. Unbelievably athletic move for any player much less one 6/10. He will have a long future in the NBA.

1 Like

Especially for someone his size, that was amazing coordination and balance in a crazy environment.

That long end bound pass to Toney at the end was a beauty to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.