Jaylen Barford

35 points, 7 rebounds to lead his Tennessee team into championship game of the Memphis Regional of The Basketball Tournament. He was scoring buckets from everywhere.

What league is he playing with. According to this Wiki page, he just signed with an Italian team last week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaylen_Barford

The team he signed with is in the LBA league and they didn’t start their games until October last year. I don’t know, but I imagine he wouldn’t have to report to the team before sometime in August.

Jaylen’s Jackson, Tennessee team beat Louisiana United (that beat Team Arkansas) to win the Memphis Region. Jaylen led with 29 pats, 4 rebounds and 12 assists.

[quote=“PJHawg”]

Jaylen’s Jackson, Tennessee team beat Louisiana United (that beat Team Arkansas) to win the Memphis Region. Jaylen led with 29 pats, 4 rebounds and 12 assists.

[/quote]

PJ, what’s the player rules for the TBT? Is a current NBA contract the only thing that exempts players from eligibility in the tournament?

[quote=“HarleyHawgidson”]

I have watched 5 games so far and the only thing they mentioned was the NBA contract. I have not bothered to do a google search.

By the way, they just announced that Barford is the leading scorer in the tournament at 25.1 pts per game. Miss the Macon-Barford backcourt. Two exciting years with those two.

And they were the eighth seed.

He could have helped Team Arkansas for sure.

The one thing that they egg laid by Arkansas’ TBT team did was reinforce what most of us already knew . . . that Nolan wasn’t just rolling the basketball out there all those years.

I say that because his detractors, and many non-Arkansas fans see that as exactly what he did; recruit good talent and then just let them do whatever they wanted on the floor. Of course, we know differently. But the Arkansas loss kind of underscored it again.

There’s no way a team with that much talent and depth should have been bounced - and soundly - in the first round of the Tournament. And yet, they were. Mostly because they didn’t appear to have any sort of game plan or structure. THAT’s what it would have looked like if Nolan (or anyone else) was a passive “roll the ball on the court” kind of coach.

Your point on Nolan is no doubt valid. Same goes for Mike Anderson. But as far as TBT, I wouldn’t judge anything based on TBT… First, other teams had equallyii7: or better talented players than Arkansas. We just know more about our guys than others and tend to think we have better talent. Second, a lot of our guys are out of shape and seems to have not played competitive basketball for a while. Just take a look at Ronnie Brewer. There is a reason he logged zero minutes in that game.