Jaxson Robinson transferring

1 Like

Well, that explains a lot about our current roster situation with all our incoming portal players.

I hope Jaxson finds a great fit and gets lots of playing time next season. I’m assuming we would waive the 2 time transfer rule.

I feel like Kamani is next

Good luck Jaxson at your next stop, we hardly got to know you

Will Jaxson be able to play next year since the portal deadline has passed for fall sports ? Not sure how he gets a waiver if reason for transferring is incoming players are potentially a lot better then me

1 Like

Matt wonder why he took so long??

Sad. Will miss Jaxson. Thank you for the memories.

Votan my old friend how are you? Love to see you still sharing info.

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks!

I think he was staying unless they added another player at his position. Which it appears they may.

1 Like

I would think he will have to sit out, regardless of whether he entered the portal before or after May 1, since he took advantage of the one-time transfer last year when he came to us.

I suppose he could apply for a waiver, but I don’t know if he would have any grounds for one.

There’s a run-off rule, and has been since 2014 (before the portal or immediate eligibility). If a coach no longer needs your services (because you have 13 better players, for instance) and is willing to give you a letter of support, you can get the free transfer, as long as you aren’t leaving the old school for academic or disciplinary reasons.

2 Likes

I have never heard of that, but I hope he gets it.

1 Like