Jalen Hurts (25-2) as a starter is his time done at Bama?

This young freshman QB that Bama put in there makes them much
more dynamic as far as the passing game goes. If he shows just a
bit more running ability, Jalen’s days at Bama may be pickin’ splinters
from his ass as he rides the pines.

Hard to believe you could be 25 - 2 as a starter and lose your job.

That’s the magic of Saban… no other coach would ever consider doing that… all Saban cares about in the world is winning

That freshman QB and freshman running back were the top two recruits in country lat year. Bama moved both their families to T Town from Ha. and California near the oregon coast. Money talks.

[quote=“texhog”]

That freshman QB and freshman running back were the top two recruits in country lat year. Bama moved both their families to T Town from Ha. and California near the oregon coast. Money talks.

[/quote] exactly. the QB’s lil bro is a stud too

Hurts got processed.

Maybe we can get him to transfer to the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. :lol:

Sabin will keep him involved some way, he’s too good of a player to just bench. they could move him to running back or lots of wild cat formations, he will be on the field someway

Imagine being a kid who has not started a game, but was the key offensive player in the national championship game.

I’d bet on him being the starter from now on.

As for Hurts transferring him, would bet he wouldn’t have the success without Alabama’s O-line and defense - neither of which resemble Arkansas’ right now

You nailed it Dudley. Hurts tends to take off running prior to completing his reads. And his mid-long range passing is not sharp. I think he won’t play QB at Bama again. But with his speed talent he could move to DB or Safety. I believe he will transfer. Seems like a nice kids.

If he wants to play QB, he’ll have to go elsewhere. That freshman is just too good in the passing game, and can still run it. Loved Hurts’ attitude after getting benched, and he has a lot of athletic ability, but he will need to get starter’s reps/playing time to have any hope of playing QB at the next level.

If he is willing to change positions, he would have two years at Bama to learn/develop into a draftable prospect. I think that’s his best path to the NFL.

If he put on a little weight, he may be a nice tight end down the road.

Don’t count Jalen Hurts out. The fact is, Georgia didn’t prepare and practice for a passing QB.

Is it just rumor that the backup QB told the coaches either play him in this game or he would transfer?

I just don’t see how you can keep the guy on the bench and go back to starting Hurts after seeing how much better the offense ran in the second half. A passer who has a really good arm and does not take off running every time the first receiver is covered just makes the offense more difficult to stop.

It would seem, for him to stay the starter, Hurts will have to definitely improve his passing game, if that’s even possible.

My son was watching one of the sports shows, and they said the kid had informed the coaches that he wanted to transfer, instead of riding the pine behind Hurts for two more years. It is amazing what a half of a football game will change.

I think he will transfer to FAU and be reunited with Kiffin or to Baylor… Look out Gerry Bohannon