After the interview with the ShotQuality founder I started going a little deeper into the shots Arkansas players have been taking, not just the area of the floor they take them from. I wish I had been doing this before three games ago, but here are some interesting notes I’ve found since the Mississippi State game:
• Moses Moody has hit 7 of 13 catch-and-shoot 3s, and 3 of 5 midrange jumpers off the dribble.
• Connor Vanover is 5 of 11 on catch-and-shoot 3s, and he has 5 scores on 6 dropoff passes near the rim. He has scored 2 times in 2 chances as the PnR roll man, and 1 time in 2 chances in pick-and-pop.
• Desi Sills, JD Notae and Jalen Tate are a combined 1 of 15 on catch-and-shoot 3s. Vance Jackson is 2 of 7.
• Some inefficient midrange play has taken place: Notae is 0 of 6, Devo Davis is 3 of 14, and Tate is 4 of 13. Tate’s best play (3 scores on 4 attempts) has been drive –> layup.
• Arkansas scored on cuts to the rim 4 times against Missouri. It had 2 such scores total vs. MSU and at Kentucky. Davis, Tate, Sills and Justin Smith are the likeliest candidates for those types of plays.