It's truly amazing to honor your mother and father!

I’m happy for Bobby Portis in the fact that he requited his mom which all of us should do…However the statement " Bobby Portis got his mom a pretty nice Mother’s Day present last month.

A lot nicer than flowers and a card or candy or lunch at a fancy restaurant" Is so left field and unsound…It’s not the amount you give but the heart in which you give it. The parable goes “Rich men were throwing into the Treasury of their abundance but the lady with the two mites :slight_smile: she, out of her poverty, put in everything–all she had to live on.”

It is testified of the Lord “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more than all the others into the treasury”

All in all we should commend those that give willing out of a good heart, while not despising the size of the gifts that to us may seem small. Because it’s not the size of the seed sown but the fruit that it yields :slight_smile:

It is really nice of Bobby to do this. But this is very common among pro athletes in all sports to buy their Momma a house, if they don’t come from a privileged background. I am glad Bobby is continuing that tradition.