It’s gus

I’m hearing this morning.

Based on whoever you’re hearing that from, what’s your confidence level 1-10?

Even if Auburn goes to the playoffs? Just asking RW

there is talk Gus may leave AU earlier than anticipated and that may be good political theater.

Sources?

You don’t think before the Iron Bowl?

I assume right after if they lose if he’s really doing this

The Tea leaves are reading that way

If Gus loses there are people who want him out because they believe he is in the way of the coordinators doing a good job

If Gus wins he can leave like HDN did us after beating them #1 LSU

Looks like Gus has always coveted the Arkansss job but has been denied - that obstacle (like the obstacle in hiring Butch Davis) has been removed

Auburn people don’t like Gus because he isn’t an Auburn man

Gus couldn’t be hired at Arkansas or Butch Davis (so some report) because they are Arkansas men - the irony is palpable

If all this is true - and it looks to at least have some truth - Gus will return

Right now I don’t care - I just want the drama to end

I Want Arkansas to be a feared respected Football team again - I could care less what folks outside de the state or what anyone in the national press thinks

They think Mizzou is who we should be paired with

I want Arkansas to decide who it is and hate Bama - beat Bama - Beat LSU - Beat tex A&M - Beat FU and Beat UGA in a regular basis

We don’t have a history of doing that - if Gus can do win big at Arkansas that’s what I wants

If Arkansas is equal to Mizzou I’m done

I bet it’s be after the iron bowl, and perhaps the SEC championship game, then say see ya later.

Would be a rivalry spark I bet you.

I agree. Time to think and act big and be feared.

Does anyone really believe he will leave Auburn before the Iron Bowl? No way.
Does anyone really believe he will leave before the SEC Championship game, if Auburn is in it? No way.
Does anyone really believe he will leave Auburn if Auburn is in the college football playoffs? No way.

That is a problem. If we wait until he loses, we may not have a recruiting class. That would not happen, surely. We couldn’t wait, and we shouldn’t wait. This will be interesting. What if we waited while Auburn was in the playoffs, then after Auburn either wins or is out, Gus decides not to come?

Who is the guy on our side who has the guts to navigate thru the process of hiring Gus, if, indeed he is the target?

That has been my thoughts. Maybe wrong???

This is what I’ve been wondering also. If Auburn keeps winning then Norvell and all of the other Plan B’s will get snatched up by other schools. Seems like a very risky plan to me. Roll Tide!

Seems like there is usually a timing problem with getting an Arkansas guy as the Arkansas coach. At least with Bear Bryant, Tuberville, & Butch Davis. I guess there are probably others. Maybe Switzer because he was very happy at Oklahoma. Maybe Jimmie Johnson at the time. Could Jimmie’s image have been rehabilitated?

Gus isn’t my favorite guy based only on my instinct about him, but if he wins at Arkansas, I’m sure I’ll overcome that.

But i have to see him being the coach before I’ll believe any of it. I’m still worried about him using us to just get a raise and laughing at us.

I still want to hear what the source for this very definitive post is. Nothing against Razorwill, but a simple pronouncement on a message board doesn’t convince me. Not unless it’s from an insider like Clay, Dudley, Matt, etc.

I am not hearing he leaves before the Iron Bowl. I think we all hear he is sick of AU and Momma is Really sick of it. The negotiations are different than expected in that he wants out of AU but more importantly he wants to come home to Arkansas. The loyalty is not there for Gus to go to the SECCG from what I am hearing. I also have heard that if this deal was not tied up in State protocols that it could have gotten very interesting a few days ago. Who knows…this is rumor but it is serious levels of smoke that precede a fire.

That is based on the assumption that he wants to be there even as a winner, but Him, his family and his coaches are sick of the constant fear and back stabbing at AU. He knows that next year he could be on the HOT seat again very easily.

I was just told Finebaum is raising cane with Gus this am about this being a distraction. Some people are so focused on our issues that we forget how far this cascades down to other entities. AU fans are going nuts the last 48 hours because those that want him gone are happy but there are those that are mad that Gus would even consider leaving AU for Arkansas.

This is a dynamic that is more impactful than I expected and Gus is playing it up with some public statements. Now Finebaum is giving this credibility and drama. Even if Gus beats bama it is going to sour a lot more AU fans against Gus. Auburn will run him out of town if he loses to Bama when they think they should win. They will blame it on Gus for his interest in our job. I don’t like Gus but I will learn to support him if he becomes our coach.

Yes Gus is ready - he is not liked at Auburn

He knows he is on thin ice

Leaving after leaving would be good for him

Coming to Arkansas is what he wants but he has also said he would be happy at UCA too

Let’s see

Suposdly there is coach 2 that is a candidate too - both with Arkansas ties

This will be an Arkansas man hire

Lots of risk here - it may fail if it does I’m ok with it

Arkansas was decending into national “respect” as a well managed program that educated students who happen to play football too

Why can’t you have a feared program that also educated students?

May not of been intentional but that’s what Arkansas was becoming

Time to be feared again and if not - let it die

not going to diss a source. no-one does that. just what i am told from what i consider a reliable source.

i could not ask the question, what if auburn wins the iron bowl? what if auburn then wins sec championship? what if auburn is in final 4 of playoff? i guess things can always change. but i think it is gus. and remember i am for novell.

[quote=“Boarbarian”]

Yes Gus is ready - he is not liked at Auburn

He knows he is on thin ice

Leaving after leaving would be good for him

Coming to Arkansas is what he wants but he has also said he would be happy at UCA too

Let’s see

Suposdly there is coach 2 that is a candidate too - both with Arkansas ties

This will be an Arkansas man hire

Lots of risk here - it may fail if it does I’m ok with it

Arkansas was decending into national “respect” as a well managed program that educated students who happen to play football too

Why can’t you have a feared program that also educated students?

May not of been intentional but that’s what Arkansas was becoming

Time to be feared again and if not - let it die
[/quote]. UCA? Gonna have to call BS in that!