It Really Is Frustrating

If it was on the bench. It’s very possible that it was on someone in the crowd behind the bench. Muss asked for an explanation and didn’t get it.

1 Like

Poor free throw shooting? 76 %, better than Creighton. We did miss one front end of a 1-and-1 as I recall. Not sure which game you were watching. Our foul situation made it difficult to play defense in the paint. To me that was the difference in the game.

1 Like

Go watch the replay. Where the ref was when he called it, it would’ve been impossible for him to distinguish bench or crowd and for the most part the Bench was sitting down not doing anything.

13:57 to go in the 2nd half go look.

1 Like

Nasty game. Creighton is a good team and despite the disparity in fouls that lessened our defensive options late in the game this group stayed in the game. We clearly have a group that doesn’t enjoy losing and that grit will produce road wins in the SEC in extremely hostile settings with the fans screaming in support of the other team. Fans influence calls in close games; this loss should be a lesson learned in that respect. Muss’ reaction to Techincal Foul which was never explained hopefully is also a lesson learned. Muss clearly lost it emotionally with his sense of frustration. As we know his emotionality is one of the points raised regarding Muss, and yesterday’s result, in the end, is only a tournament W-L, not a conference loss to be made up. Yes, bad calls particularly the Technical but Muss hopefully will gain something out of his very likely non-productive bemoaning. I hope he is able to create some pre-Thanksgiving fire blowing the Aztecs out of the gym. That would shut the door making for a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. WPS!!

1 Like

I would like to see a bit more professional restraint of emotions from our HC and Assistants moving forward this season. It’s one thing to work the officials a bit and stick up for your players, but Coach Muss notoriously starts working the refs during pre-game warmups. I fear he is fast getting a reputation that might not work in our teams favor with officials.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad he’s our coach, but I’d like him to just take it down a notch.

3 Likes

I agree with this

Love his passion. But he sometimes goes over the top

3 Likes