It Really Is Frustrating

watching Arkansas battle to the wire without its alpha scorer

Arkansas wins this game, even with the crappy refs, with Nick out there you cannot convince me otherwise

every season since Muss has been here it’s been a significant injury to a major player that sets the team back

Isaiah Joe
Justin Smith
JD Notae

and now Nick

…frustrating…

oh well on to tomorrow

It’s November. If it was February or March Nick would have been in there.

1 Like

It’s also frustrating seeing a team in the bonus with 15 minutes to go and we get there with 1:30 to go.

So many bad and no calls in this game.

We are going to be salty though!

4 Likes

yeah I know

just tired of seeing Nick on the bench

I just want to see him out there on the court with his teammates

selfish of me I know he’s got an NBA future to protect

2 Likes

What got me about the fouls is they totally changed how the called - for one team - at half time

4 Likes

Yeah I always hate to see refs get animated. Means they aren’t officiating instead they are participating.

Called fairly Arkansas would have won that game by 5-6 pts. What was crushing is the refs decided to strut their feathers when we had all the momentum. Instead of getting a 5 pt lead or so the refs decided to insert themselves.

I hope tomorrow is better.

5 Likes

100% Spot on. Exactly what happened tonight. And the timing couldn’t have been worse–completely changed the outcome of the game.

2 Likes

Yeah refs just need to call the game, not decide it. Glad Muss let them have it in his post-game comments.

2 Likes

Guys, we lost this game on our poor free throw shooting. We are not as good as last year on free throws. We won a bunch of games last year at the line. We lost tonite due to our performance at the line.

1 Like

Refs played a huge role in the outcome of the game tonite. That cannot be disputed. Go watch the 2nd half again. The 2nd half was clearly called in favor of Creighton. Why? I don’t know, but it was. Maybe someone on the Hog coaching staff or a player got under refs’ skin I don’t know but the game was not officiated fairly in the 2nd half. Call me a whiner if you want.

4 Likes

Disagree. I think I’ll go with Muss’s view on this one. The foul disparity was maddening. Sure, you make free throws, hit some 3s in the first half and avoid Devo’s F 1 things might be different. But in a game like this you can’t ignore by far the biggest point of unfairness. It makes everything else shrink by comparison.

3 Likes

The difference in fouls was 22-16 and a couple of ours were intentional. What’s so maddening about that?

1 Like

Respectful disagree 100,000,000 %

1 Like

Our free throw percentage was higher than Creigtons. . As a matter of fact, we were better statstically in EVERY SINGLE Category except one. . . 29 free throws attempted to our 17. . . . . want to look for the loss it is in that stat only.

https://kenpom.com/box.php?g=5708

1 Like

They got in the bonus very early. Early second half is the disparity I’m referencing and the FTs that came with it. Huge advantage. Did you not see that?

2 Likes

It’s not just the disparity in free throws. Throw in the fake 4th foul on TB, the difference in how we had to defend the rest of the game. Those two factors made a huge difference.

5 Likes

Arkansas could not be as aggressive on defense because Creighton was in the bonus for 15 minutes. There were multiple times when Brazile had to be a statue under the rim because he could not afford a fifth foul. The officials took over in the second half. It was unfortunate because the game had a really nice flow in the first half.

I think the technical foul baffled Arkansas’ bench. I don’t think Musselman was given an explanation about it that satisfied him.

4 Likes

Arkansas was 13 of 17 at the line. The team would have had to have been perfect, based on that number of free throws, to win.

5 Likes

Despite the poor 3 blind mice the hogs had the chance to win. The whistle was loud and clear on one end of the floor. Black was hit on the elbow on his last made 3. There were a few shots out hogs blocked that the whistle was loud and clear.
The F1 on Devo was uncalled for. The T on the bench is the hogs fault. Maintain your composure and keep your head. The lane violation on a made free throw. We can pick this game apart until the cows come home it won’t change the result. It’s November flush it and move on.

1 Like

Creighton last night had a free throw rate (FTA/FGA) of 54.7%. In its first game at the Maui Invitational, its free throw rate was 34.7%. Those are the Bluejays’ top FTRs of the season by a fairly good margin.

Last season, four of Creighton’s seven best FTRs came on a neutral floor. I really don’t know what to make of that, but it’s interesting.