It is what it is.....

But all it takes is one game.

This game was awful in everyway(defense was actually ok). But tomorrow is a new day and we can’t wallow in pity. Auburn is next and now we simply need to be the team to shock the world at this point. I’m fine with that and believe it will happen. Just watch.

By “we” I hope you’re referring to the team and coaches. I’m absolutely wallowing in misery right now (at least for the rest of the evening, probably most of tomorrow). And dreadful concern… what confidence should we have that the coaching staff will become competent SEC level coaches by next week, and/or that the team will rally behind them and over achieve enough to avoid another embarrassing game with aubie?

I absolutely mean the fans too. I’m sad and angry too, but tomorrow is a new day and we can’t dwell on the past. And to each their own on this staff. I’m taking the high road from what I have heard and seen with my own eyes with this staff. These last two games suck, but I’m hopeful for the future.

Deluded

Maybe, but my opinion is just as good as those claiming to have all the answers from firing the coach to which QB the staff should play. I just know the coach and his temperment(sp.) and I know this won’t become normal.

Truth!

I’m going to say somthing mean

“Maybe we can recover the season by beating … “Mizzou” ROTFL

I have no idea what QB should play, and obviously I’m not alone.
Schedule is what it is, 2-3 more weeks of this and he will lose this team I’m afraid, regardless of who is QB, may never get them back. But he can change QB and can get in the left lane. Has nothing to lose, a lot still to gain.

No it’s not - if you are saying you truly believe Arkansas is going to beat Auburn than your opinion is not as good as others. It’s blizzaro world and you are untethered from any reality.

Arkansas is one of the worst, if not the worst P5 teams in the country having lost to a really bad Mountain West team. They would lose handily to ASU and quite possibly UCA. It would certainly be very competitive.

This program is completely wrecked and 2020 is the first year we should hope to see a competitive team and when I say that I’m talking about 6-6 ish and that’s assuming this class can largely be held together ( big if) and they can somehow manage to recruit well going forward - what do they have to sell?

One real possibility - we are in a death spiral not unlike what Kansas, Illinois, Oregon State, etc. have been in and it will take years to find away out. Chances are Morris will not succeed given the deck stacked against him, but I hope like Hell he does. Note hope and belief are two different animals.

I can see where you think that, but that’s not what I meant. I simply meant Auburn is the next team up and the next comment was for the whole season, not just Auburn.

I don’t buy into hypothetical reasoning. You can’t just automatically assume an outcome and call it fact.

You said you believed Arkansas would “shock the world.”

Waft do you mean by that?

I don’t think we are there for a number of reasons but you are right about the deck stacked. It also seems obvious to me that there is a culture problem on the team as well…seems like there are some locker room issues and CBB’s players didn’t buy in and don’t want to be pushed. There is a picture on Twitter yesterday at the game the entire team is standing on the sidelines but Ty Storey is sitting by himself on the bench (in the first half). I’m guessing maybe sulking a bit. Not the body language to send to the coaches if you want to play.

Like I said, I understand I didn’t word that well and clarified that shock the world was meant for any of the top teams we play the rest of the season. Mentioning Auburn was just me saying the obvious that their the next team up and we should move on.

I don’t think they will win but I think they will play “better” against Auburn. Just a hunch.

Let me begin by saying that the kool-aide stains are fresh on my lips and the rose colored glasses are pretty much permanent.

But yesterday we “shocked the world” on the punt return. It’s all over the news including an article in USA today.

But nevertheless…Go Hogs Go

“One real possibility - we are in a death spiral not unlike what Kansas, Illinois, Oregon State, etc. have been in and it will take years to find away out. Chances are Morris will not succeed given the deck stacked against him, but I hope like Hell he does. Note hope and belief are two different animals.”

Great point. This death spiral is the real concern and not implausible. It’s why you never fire a known winner like Petrino in the manner Long did. Never, ever.

It’s one thing for Texas or Penn State to rebuild with just minimal competence exerted by an AD and coach. They are always relevant to the college football conversation, regardless of success on the field. Arkansas is not and hasn’t been in a long, long time. It’s exponentialy more difficult to rebuild at Arkansas, given its college football irrelevancy. The AD and coach have to be unique bad asses.

I know for a fact Long and Bielema were not the bad asses we needed. And based on these last two losses I’m really worried Yurachek and Long aren’t either. Now, Morris’s recruiting does give me real hope. I think we’d all be better served to focus on recruiting, not boo during games, and just ride this out.