IT help needed

I’ve not been able to get on WHS for about 5days. Don’t know what happened but I keep getting a “safari server error message when I try to log on, via my usual homepage on my iPad.
Could someone email me some instructions on who to call for tech support to read online? Smcmahanwmfc@comcast.net. Post it here also but I want it emailed just in case I can’t get back on.
Can’t believe I was able to get on here today, but I want a contact number to call in case I get shut out again. Thanks.

Email sent with the following information copied from the F.A.Q. thread:

Customer service: (800) 482-1121 (during business hours).

If the problem occurs out of business hours, send an email to wholehogsports@wehco.com

I have not been able to log on consistently since the power outage last week. I am still getting this message:

This page isn’t working

www.wholehogsports.com redirected you too many times.
Try clearing your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have to clear my cookies each time to get on. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Start looking for alternatives.This is getting old.Popups and to many redirects…

Me also. It is really annoying. Often I just give up.

Look at my post under well, coaching search. I posted a temporary solution but got it in the wrong thread…Sorry!

I had this problem earlier, which developers believe is a carryover from the server downtime earlier this week. Once I cleared my browsing data (select all-time), closed out the browser and logged back in, the issue went away.

Try clearing your browser data. On ipad go to Settings>Safari>Clear History and Website Data. Then close out Safari, reopen it and attempt to login. That should correct the issue. If it does not, please let us know.

Our techs believe this is a carryover from the server outage we had earlier in the week.

I’ve done everything to get WHS front page to come on with no luck. I’ve finally given up. Accessing just the forums isn’t worth the effort.

Whatever the problem was with the servers, it’s still not fixed.

I have cleared everything in the settings as instructed, and still cannot open the main page or the articles.

Can only access the forums by searching for the index page.

Agree… still an issue.

I’ve about had it, too. At 70, I’m too damn old to pursue a computer science degree. I’ve paid for this service every year since it was offered, and I would like to get my money’s worth. What I don’t need are self-help instructions I can’t understand or excuses for why the service doesn’t work. Please fix or I’m gone.

I just tried this for s iPhone, and still no go. I can get on the forum page that I saved easy, but the whs front page no. Can’t even get emails for notifications. It’s getting nerve racking.

Same here , it’s been bad

Are we going to get some kind of credit for all the malfunctions???

Same here, tired of not getting email notifications and not being able to have full access to this site. I’ll give it a few days, if not I’m canceling my Subscription

Yea, it’s been bad … Every since the big switch, it’s been something here and there…

I can’t log onto the homepage, just the forum page I saved. Can’t even get notifications through my email. I’ve tried everything as far as going through safari and clearing it out and signing back in. The big thing with me is not getting notifications to my email to see reply’s on threads.

Clear your browser and clean your cookies–I am like katyshusband who wrote I am 70 and to old to get a computer degree, well I’m 83 and to dam old to under stand all that… I can just hear what some of you are saying, Well you old fart go sit in your rocker and shut up… Bull crap I love whole hog sports and spend a lot of time on it but if I can’t get it-----I don’t know!

Clear your browser and clean your cookies–I am like katyshusband who wrote I am 70 and to old to get a computer degree, well I’m 83 and to dam old to under stand all that… I can just hear what some of you are saying, Well you old fart go sit in your rocker and shut up… Bull crap I love whole hog sports and spend a lot of time on it but if I can’t get it-----I don’t know!