Is there enough

Room for Thompson & Moody with all the guards on hand now & still get another big man or two when Gafford leaves, since we will be tight on schollies.
I guess it may be one of times where the numbers work themselves out.

They are 2020 prospects and Joe seems to me to be a two and done talent not to mention the attrition/transfer rate in the game today. But my hope is that Joe stays his Junior year just so we can have a line up with those two, Desi, Embery plus Joe that would be a awesome backcourt

If Mike can pull off 2020 with some combination of Moody, Moore, Williams, Doakes, Thompson, Murrell then I firmly believe the old adage of “the numbers will work out” will come to pass. Technically, they’ll only have 2 spots for the 2020 class (Bailey, Harris). They are recruiting like they plan on replacing Garland’s spot in the spring with Hill taking the likely departing Gafford’s spot.

I’d bet that they’ll end up taking 4 in 2020 with a couple of current guys moving on.

[quote=“BiffMalibu”]

If Mike can pull off 2020 with some combination of Moody, Moore, Williams, Doakes, Thompson, Murrell then I firmly believe the old adage of “the numbers will work out” will come to pass. Technically, they’ll only have 2 spots for the 2020 class (Bailey, Harris). They are recruiting like they plan on replacing Garland’s spot in the spring with Hill taking the likely departing Gafford’s spot.

I’d bet that they’ll end up taking 4 in 2020 with a couple of current guys moving on.

[/quote] Harris is a soph. Today, there is only Bailey’s slot for 2020.

I bet they will add at least two and maybe 3 in both 2019 and 2020 when all is said and done.

In 2020, the Hogs could have the best team they’ve had since 1995. If (big if) Mike can get Moody and one of Thompson or Murrell, the 1, 2, and 3 spots could be amazing. Harris and Jones as Seniors, Joe as a Junior, with Moody and Thompson/Murrell as freshmen. What a great rotation for those 3 spots. Got to pick up a couple of really good bigs to go along with Chaney (and maybe a really improved Henderson) as Juniors.

[quote=“Swinesong51”]

You are correct, he is listed as a junior on the roster on the official site, but he transferred after his freshman year making him a RS Soph.

Dudley, not trying to argue, but with all the freshmen this year, that seems like you’re expecting several of those guys to leave, or a “mutual decision” (Mike telling them to transfer), so do you not like some of these guys?

With the way players transfer it sounds about right adding 2 or 3 in 19 and 20 crootin class.
Consider this
Gafford- probably enter the NBA draft after this year
Garland- on scholarship and hasn’t played last or so far this year. Possible medical hardship
There’s 2 and there probably will be at least 1 transfer.

I was more looking at 20