Is there anyone

that knows what is going on? It is hard for me to believe that the powers that be don’t have a plan. Dudley’s comment that I should be worried really has me worried. I am a worrier anyway. Isn’t the Board members appointed by the governor? If so, they aren’t going any where till their terms run out. Could the young lady that is serving as the AD now become the new AD ? All this uncertainty scares me. Surely we had feelers out there regarding who we could get for both AD and Coach. Could we be sitting there looking to form a committee for selecting an AD with no particular 2 or 3 possibilities that we are pretty sure would take the job? Same for a football coach. Please don’t tell me we are going to hire an AD by committee who is then going to form a committee to hire a football coach. I would expect that a good football coach at a school isn’t going to want their name out there that they are looking to go to another school. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?

Hysterical often?

:smiley:

What we have could be catorized as a potential train wreck. If the BOT is going after Gus how will they get a top notch AD? I’m thinking any AD hired would want to hire their own HC. So do we promote the interim AD (with the charge to hire Gus) and give her the cash to get him? Then suppose Gus won’t bite and has been playing his friends in NWA? What next?

I have a strong suspicion that the BOT has nothing set in stone about the AD and HC. Which is not good.

Prime example of a knee jerk reaction from having an AD Long supporting a coach CBB and the BOT wanted CBB gone and Long wouldn’t pull the trigger. They pulled the trigger on Long and now the train wreck is a little over a week away.
There needed to be change but we as fans didn’t need the big boosters having all the power that they are in line to have now.

Here’s the deal; nothing you can say, do, or think of will alter what will eventually happen. In a few days/couple of weeks, a new AD will be named. It may or may not be someone you/we recognize or know much about. It is very likely that in the next few weeks, we will also have a new coach - though that is not 100% certain at this time. If/when we do, that person will be announced.

Then, and only then, will there be anything tangible to “worry” about. Because, right now, we don’t know who will be calling the shots (AD) and who will be recruiting our players and coaching them up. So, worrying right now is futile - a waste of time. I know some can’t help it, but you’d be better off going to the movies or counting butterflies.

I think I will go duck hunting.

I don’t think the Chancellor or Board of Trustees is going to advise you as to their plans. Most of this information must remain confidential to protect the parties involved, so they are not going to broadcast what they are doing. We will hire an outstanding person to be the AD and the next coach if Coach Bielema is fired.

I think the BOT and Chancellor definitely have a plan. No way they pull the plug on JL without knowing their next move.

The next AD will probably be Scanlon, Varady, Tubberville, or Nutt.
The next coach will probably be Malzahn or Norvell depending on the Iron Bowl.

I expect all of this to be done by the end of the month.

Well, Wiz, I only disagree with you to this extent. Worrying is almost always futile. It is now & it will be whenever the new AD is hire and when/if the new coach is named. Human nature being what it is, though, almost all of us are going to worry now, especially when neither the BOT nor chancellor have given us any reason to think they’ve thought beyond the firing of Jeff Long. Perhaps they have, but there’s no reason to think so right now.

But you’re right. There’s not a damned thing we can do about any of it.

[quote=“Neastarkie”]

Well, Wiz, I only disagree with you to this extent. Worrying is almost always futile. It is now & it will be whenever the new AD is hire and when/if the new coach is named. Human nature being what it is, though, almost all of us are going to worry now, especially when neither the BOT nor chancellor have given us any reason to think they’ve thought beyond the firing of Jeff Long. Perhaps they have, but there’s no reason to think so right now.

But you’re right. There’s not a damned thing we can do about any of it.
[/quote]I agree; worrying is always futile. Note that I did not say it was productive to worry, even after the new AD (and coach?) was named. Just that, at this time, people are “worrying” over something and they don’t even know what it is yet!

But, yes, the over-riding point (intended, at least) of my post is that the collective “we” can fret over who the new AD and coach will be, but for 99.9% of us (there may be a BoT member lurking here), all of that worrying won’t change what will happen - so why bother? Better to just adjust to the changes once they are made - as always.

The plan is to fire a very good AD because he’s from the North and didn’t sufficiently kiss the dynastic wealth ring.

Then, the plan is to throw a bunch of $ at a supremely divisive HC who probably isn’t coming here.

From there, the plan is to hire both an AD and a HC in short order while competing against several Blue Bloods in the span of a few weeks.

I would not count on an AD being hired before CBB’s replacement. It is an extremely valuable benefit to an existing coach or an intriguing enticement to hire a new HC to help choose the AD. Supposedly this happens from time to time at big football schools. This is an odd version in that we are in the market for both. This is a rumor popping up in various circles.

What? I have never heard of a coach wanting to choose his boss. That boss can and at some point probably will fire him, after all. The usual dynamic is that the AD wants his own guy, and eventually he’ll get his own guy.