Is anybody a little P.O'd that

We payed Long and Bielema 16 mil to go away and then get played like a fiddle by Gus. Looks like the powers that be have really mucked this thing. Embarrassing… And expensive. And a no confidence vote from this longtime Razorback.

Someone already said it, but from my perspective, it seems the powers at be put all their eggs in one basket. I seriously doubt their going to offer the next guy 7 million to coach here.

i think it is a god thing that gus declined. now we can get a coach for 3 or 4 million and have extra to hire top tier assistants.

Agreed! I thought throwing 7 million at him was way over the top. If you want to offer that, get a good up and comer and put a lot of money into great assistant coaches who can recruit.

Give yourself a break. It’s business and no one should blame Gus for doing what he’s doing. Note that in the new contract its a huge buy-out. Now … when Auburn folk get tired of him next year … he’s sitting pretty. Its called business which is … after all … what CFB is.

No one mucked anything up. This is a multi-million dance and in the end, Arkansas will get Venables - a 100 percent better choice than Gus or others on the market.

Smart. (not Kirby … but Smart).

A) I don’t think it is Venables
B) If it is then I will be very disappointed.

I regret the financial bath The Arkansas Athletic Department took on this turn of events; but I’m not the least bit unhappy that both Long and Bielema are now gone. I just hope and pray that SOMEBODY who is acting on behalf of The Razorbacks Football Program has a lick of the sense God gave a goose, and has the presence of mind to make the RIGHT decision on THIS hire.

The Powers That Be CANNOT continue to keep going further and further into the hole with each subsequent hire and followup forced contract buyout. That agenda is unsustainable.

First, we’re the lucky ones… we didn’t get Gus and second…with our offer, we forced Auburn to divvy up “overthetop” money for a guy who is an average coach, at best. Now, hopefully, for less than Beliema money, we can get a young, energetic, innovative coach in Norvell…

I am a 35+ yr donor to the Razorback Foundation but this may be my last donation after hearing the Foundation is paying B.B. $6m to get out of a personal service contract. That’s over $500K per SEC win. I would like to know the idiot that dreamed up such contract and who approved it. I think the Foundation Board needs to enlighten the donors

[quote=“hawginTN”]
We payed Long and Bielema 16 mil to go away and then get played like a fiddle by Gus. Looks like the powers that be have really mucked this thing. Embarrassing… And expensive. And a no confidence vote from this longtime Razorback.
[/quote]Contracts that required paying Long and Bielema $16 million is outlandish. However, what Gus did is only business. You would do the same thing; most everyone would.

[quote=“Gay”]

It’s absurd to pay the money being paid to coaxhes’. Id say the results should be worked in to where if your not getting the job done you can be fired for being a loser.

Link the salary to wins’. There should never be a huge buyout for firing a failed coaches. The hogs did not need Gus.

Veneables is the best coach out there available.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

He is the best defensive coordinator out there, but he aint coming. He has zero interest in being a heqd coach.

[quote=“Gay”]

Business is business. I have no issue with someone getting paid. However the guys with the power in Fayetteville should have understood what was doable BEFORE putting the University in this position. Gus (Jimmy Sexton) played the situation perfectly. Whoever is in charge at the UofA is in over their head.

I for one am P.O. not that Gus is not coming but that he led people to believe he wanted to come back and people took steps to make that happen. People lost there jobs and more will do so. Also much money was spent to give him this chance to come home. He is not a true Razorback or he would have jumped at the chance. He cares more about himself. Arkansas was prepared to make him a wealth man but he chose to stay.

I don’t agree this is business. In this case he used the university and cost people there jobs. Not very Christian which he professes to be.

We can do better

He did not make anyone lose their job, don’t be silly. As for Malzahn, he had his chance to be a Razorback and that has now officially passed. He made his choice. We now know that he will never be head coach here, so now hopefully everyone can move on and bring in the Kiffin era. All aboard!

I’m ready to move on into another era; - - but NOT with Lane Kiffin.

I’m not the only one who feels this way about Kiffin.