Interestting quote from Trey Knox about...

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant, who is transferring.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/h … 484173002/

Curious if he knows more about the situation other than the pure speculation on twitter.

Don’t get my hopes going now.

That’s a great quote if Kelley comes, but a slap in the face to the current QBs on the roster who may actually be the ones throwing to him. He probably didn’t mean it like that, but perception is reality sometimes

If that does happen and God knows I do. That could be very beautiful. The begining of something magical. Im very excited!

IDK. I’m torn. I would love to have someone his caliber quarterbacking the Razorbacks. But even though I’ve heard all the arguments (Dabo quit on him, he’s got to do what’s best for him, etc., and to an extent I agree), somehow his decision seemed so much worse when Lawrence got hurt. The old way of thinking in me says he was not much of a team player or he’d been there to replace Clemson and the Tigers wouldn’t have missed a beat. Then again, coaches can move at any time, so he ought to be able to as well. So, as you can see, I’m torn.

DD I caught that too and almost started a thread. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. Knox was their top target. A great recruiting pitch would be knowing that Kelly Bryant would throw to him for a year.

Or at least could.

I don’t think any of the quarterbacks on campus have staked a big claim on the job next season as of yet.

So with Bryant’s previous success, definitely worth looking at and seeing what might work.

I’ve said before I’m not sure if/why a guy with one year left might want to come to a place that is rebuilding, but I’m never truly surprised about anything these days.