Interesting research on FT disparity home and away

https://twitter.com/Modickson/status/970844838253027328

Shocking…

Sarcasm

That’s not shocking at all. What more shocking that the hogs lead the conference in field goal percentage and 3 point percentage and we’re 12 th out of 14 teams in free throw percentage. That’s no more than a discipline issue.
The fouls that add up on the hogs are the ones 90 feet from the basket! There are several of those each game. It’s not just Dustin Thomas whose has made this stupid mistake. Macon, Bardford, and Beard have done it as well! What blows my mind about the hogs defense why foul down low when the big man is waiting to swat the ball when it goes up!

Very interesting, well done PJ. Now the question is how we are going to correct this. People have figured out to neutralize AR’s good shooting percentage, and it’s press, is to attack the press, score or draw fouls. This has worked well for them and causing us to lose games and we should have won. About time we adjust the way we play defense.

I hate to ask you to do more work, but I’m curious to see the foul disparity as well.

The fact is most of the games we lose are on the road. And on the road, we back off the press and play more half court ball. I don’t understand this shout to press less, because we do press less on the road.

I believe the reason we foul more is we use our hands more than other teams to cause deflections and turnovers. That is our main goal and there is a price to pay for that.

I am not willing to say that we lose games because of that. There is no way to say that if we back off completely, all else will go exactly the same.

[
The fact is most of the games we lose are on the road. And on the road, we back off the press and play more half court ball. I don’t understand this shout to press less, because we do press less on the road.

[/quote]

I don’t understand why your figures don’t show why we back off the press on the road–we have a much higher tendency to foul on the road, the worst in the conference. Wouldn’t pressing cause those figures to go up even higher?

I don’t understand why your figures don’t show why we back off the press on the road–we have a much higher tendency to foul on the road, the worst in the conference. Wouldn’t pressing cause those figures to go up even higher?

[/quote]

Well just watch our road games and tell me how much they press. The fouls are coming all over the place not just the press. They just like to play tight defense and trap even in half court. Fouls come there as well as dribble penetration to the hoop.