Interesting quote from Dabo about early signing period

[quote]It’s not any different than it’s ever been. We’ve always been recruiting [while prepping] for bowl games. Nothing has changed. The only thing that changed is there’s a date in December that guys can sign a piece of paper. We’re on the road recruiting. If this signing date wasn’t here today, guess what? Nothing would have changed in my life the last three weeks. Nothing. I’d have still been on the road. I’d have still been doing home visits. I’d have been at schools. We’d have been bowl prepping. We’d have been bowl practicing. Nothing would have changed. The only thing that’s different is that all the guys who are committed to us and wanted to make a decision now had the opportunity to do that. So it’s 100% to the benefit of the player.”
[/quote]

Which is kinda what I thought. They would be out recruiting regardless. The big difference is for the schools with new staffs, and possibly the schools with early bowl games, where coaches would have to split time between bowl prep and recruiting. Kinda like coaches have done during the regular season forever.

Quote borrowed from SI.com article by Andy Staples, who thinks early signing is here to stay.

Which is kinda what I thought. They would be out recruiting regardless. The big difference is for the schools with new staffs, and possibly the schools with early bowl games, where coaches would have to split time between bowl prep and recruiting. Kinda like coaches have done during the regular season forever.

Quote borrowed from SI.com article by Andy Staples, who thinks early signing is here to stay.

[/quote]

But for the coaching bc change I think it is a good thing for us. We often do a better job of evaluations high 3 stars and 4 stars that the Bamas of the world come to poach when their main options fall through.

This gives us a chance to lock in a good core group, early, annually and possibly have less problem fending off Bama, Fla, etc when the come to poach guys.

If it upsets Saban, how can it be bad?