Interesting note about the 2028 LA Olympics

As a result of an online discussion of the cost of putting on the Olympics, I did some research on what LA is doing for sports venues, remembering that they have a lot of venues left over from the 1984 Olympics and have added new ones since then like SoFi Stadium and Staples Center.

And one thing I found is that Dedeaux Field, the USC baseball stadium, will be an Olympic venue. But not for baseball. They will build a temporary swimming and diving stadium there seating 20,000. It’s gonna be very interesting in seven years to see how that looks (and wonder what the Broomheads will do for a home field for a year or so; I don’t think they can put up all that stuff in the two months between the end of the college baseball season and the start of the Olympics in late July).

Olympic baseball and softball will be played at Dodger Stadium and Angel Stadium. Tokyo did the same thing, playing softball and baseball on the same fields.

I thought the IOC dropped softball after this Olympics.

It’s gone for Paris in 2024, back for LA. I suspect it might be on the list for Brisbane in 2032, as Australia has a decent baseball history and was in the Olympic softball field this year as well.

Got it…thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.