Teams to eliminate:
- Teams with losing record in conference play.
- Teams that suffered 5 game losing streaks during the season.
- Teams that lost their conference tournament opener.
- Teams never ranked in the AP poll during the season.
- Teams seeded 9-16 have never won the NCAA.
- Teams with at least 12 losses.
- 34 of the last 38 champs were 3 seeds or higher.
– No. 4 (Arizona in 1997),
– No. 6 (Kansas, 1988),
– No. 7 (Connecticut, 2014),
– No. 8 (villanova, 1985)
That leaves approx 10 teams that meet the historic qualities to win the tournament:
Might be interesting to fill out your brackets backwards and then work out how to get there and see how it does.
Food for thought.