In-state prospects preview, 2020 class

2020 in-state Favorites for Hog offers

I see around 15 worth evaluating next yr, with maybe 8-9 receiving offers…

1. QB Jacolby Criswell, Morrilton- If he can come back healthy from an August knee injury, Dre Greenlaw’s cousin will be a Hog

2. TE Blayne Toll, Hazen- Clint Stoerner gets a lot of credit for bringing Toll to the attn of Ark coaches. He’s a Hog

3. DT Michael Powell, Clarksville- Originally from Florida, Powell has grown to be a Hog fan. This should be an easy call, Woo Pig

4. CB JaJuan Boyd, Springdale- I’m higher on Boyd than most, but he’s a 6’ shutdown corner with a hoops background in the tough 7-A West. The Hogs will take notice.

5. LB Bryant Burns, Ozark- The son of Ozark HC Ken Burns is versatile, smart, and athletic. Ideal size for LB. He’s all Hog

6. OLB-DE Catrell Wallace, Bryant- a 6’6" EDGE rusher with a ton of potential. Expect an SEC battle for Wallace, but Hogs should get him.

7. OT Jason Lambel, Malvern- Big boned 6’5" kid with an early offer from Texas St…Lambel will battle with Dalton Perdue and Devin Pitts as the state’s top OL.

8. ATH Jayden Kelley, Pulaski Academy- Versatile 6’2" athlete can play WR or FS. Expect an Arkansas offer, Pulaski Academy is a Hog honey hole.

9. OLB Jashaud Stewart, Jonesboro- Expect Stewart to be heavily recruited, particularly by Ole Miss, Memphis, and Ark State. Jonesboro has never been a Hog town.

10. OT Dalton Perdue, El Dorado- 6’6’ with a mean streak, Perdue could earn plenty of Power 5 looks.

11. QB Hunter Loyd, Rogers- If not for Jacolby Criswell, Loyd would likely be a 4-star recruit himself. He’s good enough to play in the SEC, expect Mizzou to take a long look if the Hogs pass on him.

12. WR Jaden Nash, Benton- Big time playmaker moved to Benton from Pulaski Academy. If he can prove his 40 times are legit, he could blow up.

13. FS Derriun Thompson, Prescott- Rangy, 6’2" safety who emerged as a playmaker last yr. A sleeper.

14. ATH Jonas Higson, Bentonville West- Is he a WR? Safety? Linebacker? Highly intelligent, he’s just a “ball player”

15. WR Bryndell Cook, Springdale- A 5’10" speedster who could be a real threat in the slot as well as the return game.

HONORABLE MENTION…

CB Brandon Calvert, Marion
ATH Chris Harris, Dumas
G Devin Pitts, NLR
FS David Smith, NLR
DE Khaden Washington, FS Northside

They will evaluate more than 15 - in fact, already have.

Right now I would bet the under on 8 or 9, but reserve the right to change my mind after I watch more of the class live and on tape.

Many on your list could have helped themselves in June by getting up to a camp and getting in front of the coaches

My educated guess on that has to do with just one in-state offer - Criswell - and tons out of state at a variety of positions.

Criswell is not a given to be a Razorback

Loyd’s ranking - 4-star or not - really doesn’t have anything to do with Criswell. It will be based on his talent and development.

Burns should be higher on your list

I love Clint to death, but Blayne Toll brought himself to their attention before and during camp this summer. That said, it is tough to project his offer or not right now based on what position he would best fit.

I’m not sure which side of the ball Powell will end up on, but he has great feet. The 2020 class will feature several OL offers, but I believe there will be more OL out-of-state signees than in-state.

It will be interesting to see how Boyd develops.

Yes, Dudley I agree these camps are becoming more and more important, and the earlier they start the better.

I wanted to put Burns higher, glad to see him getting some attn

Boyd is kind of a mystery, is he more into hoops right now?

At this time, 8-9 offers would be high.

A lot can happen over the next year as far as development, but 3-5 might be more like it.

Geez, that bad huh? I like the top 6 for sure

Hey DL Halpin thanks for posting this information. I like to see what is on the Horizon.